cheap tricks

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
7mile
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

cheap tricks

Post by 7mile »

Here are a few things that have been working well long enough to share.

To help hold down material on the table I use bar bell weights hanging from some round, there is tab on top to hook the material and a handle about 6? down. They are short enough to stand under the grate and are lifted through the grate to hold things in place. I have four sitting under the table

Magnets from computer hard drives are great for making hold downs for finishing. I routed out a space for 3 magnets in some ? plywood, covered it with a disk of thin metal nailed down then put 4 magnets on the bottom to hold it to the bench and now no more clamping. I also put 2 of the larger magnets on the back of a piece plywood to hold things for airbrushing dyes or paints, works great.

I rigged a counter balance for my grinders from some 1? sq bar, 2 pulleys and some wire cable. The last 4? of cable is picture frame wire size and terminates with a open hook that fits a loop I put on my grinders. Not only does this take some of the weight, its nice to have the grinder just hang there when you need to flip or change parts.

Thanks everyone for your help
Bill
hang.JPG
BB hold down1.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”