Aluminum Tube a little off topic - Pricing

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Aluminum Tube a little off topic - Pricing

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Hey guys. I thought I would ask here since most of you guys are also fabricators. I have the opportunity to buy some 6063 aluminum tube ( a fairly large quantity) the tubes are 7'8" long 2.25 inch diameter and 0.25 inch thick. The pieces would be perfect for making double tube jeep bumpers or a ladder frame for a jeep or truggy. just wondering has an opinion or what they would be worth. ( I was thinking in the neighborhood of 35.00 each). they retail for 90.00 each at metals-on-line.
appreciate the help.
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Aluminum Tube a little off topic

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Price them from your local metal supply, should be cheaper than online by about half. When buying full stick amounts.
I would also find the weight of each to determine the total weight of tubes and figure what it is worth on the scrap market.
Sometime back I opened my mouth and bought 3000 lb of 20 ga stainless sheet 4 x 10 for scrap price , good deal, maybe, depends on how bad you need it. And how much money do you want tied up in something you may not use for a long time.
If you can get it for scrap or close you always have a out if you dont need it.
Just my two cents worth and that is overpriced.
Mike

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”