What do you guys Charge

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

What do you guys Charge

Post by jeeplogic83 »

I was just wondering, what you guys charge for your work. most of the people I sell signs to say I am pretty cheap
I charge 25/ sq foot raw material. I use 12 ga cold rolled. I do all custom signs. no production work.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: What do you guys Charge

Post by plasmanewbie »

I double my material costs and try to charge $100 per hour shop time. Some industries will expect to pay more than others for your expertise I find. Sometimes I find that my quote seems too cheap for the people I am doing the work for and I will charge more, sometimes I go the other way if I need the work. This method seems to work out well for me.

plasmanewbie
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

I try and charge $50 per hr right now, plus material cost right now. But it doesnt always work out that way. And it will definately go up if the economy ever turns around.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

The bad economy has effected me slightly, but not too bad. I do find I am typically charging a little less than I normally would to keep my shop busy.

All in all my plasma table was the best tool I ever purchased. If it wasn't for it I would be just another regular shop and probibly suffering like many others these days.

plasmanewbie

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”