Price This.

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Price This.

Post by wickedinhere »

I would like to know what you guys would charge for this. The material to be used is 5052 1/8 aluminum. I priced it but didn't get the job just wondering what you would charge.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Price This.

Post by twicecustom »

I brought it into sheet cam, it says its 1163.5 cut inches with 260 pierces. I don't do aluminum, so I cant really tell you a price. I know what I would charge for steel..
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

What would you charge in steel.
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

I'd be around $135, unless all the holes needed to be drilled for more accuracy. Those are small enough that they probably wouldn't be terribly round. (the little ones on the handles....if those are handles) That's assuming around $130 for a 4x8 sheet of AL, but it's been a while since I bought any--could have changed since then.

I actually might bump it up just a little from there, just for the pain of dealing with the aluminum smoke. It never seems to get trapped by the water table like when I'm cutting steel. :D
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Just based on the cutting inches and pierces. Id charge $213.53 plus tax. I didnt preview the file so i might be way over priced compared to the part.

.15 cents per inch and .15 cents per pierce.

**edit: Plus Material Cost :)
Last edited by JJsCustomDesigns on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

I get 25 cents / in and 25 cents per pierce where I am. $267.88 in 10ga steel
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

I bid right at 300.00 plus material(80.00) plus gas(20.00) to go get aluminum because i dont normally cut aluminum. The guy got all hot and bothered and said he was quoted 225.00 material included by 2 other shops. I told him thats a real good deal and he better jump on it.LOL He is in texas about 3 hours from me so there must be alot of people doing plasma cutting over there. I know at 225.00 with material included there wont be much profit whoever cuts it.
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

At the shop here it would have been $124.36 to CUT ($100 per hr machine time)plus material and any cleanup needed or CAM work needed. Alum always cuts a bit fuzzy on the edges.(;-)

(;-) TP

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”