Wholesale Pricing

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Wholesale Pricing

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I was approched today and ask about saling my art to a small shop at wholesale prices.
I would appericate your input on how you price your art at wholesale pricing.
Thanks, Dawg
stdave66
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wholesale Pricing

Post by stdave66 »

I would charge the same and call it wholesale if thats what they want to hear. I will give VOLUME discounts but other than that I don't have a lot of room to cut price. My $0.02
SCHIDTHEAD

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

depending on the volume of product they are going to move for you depends on your pricing for them. Start out at a small margin to see what kind of volume they are going to be moving of your product (remember they are going to be marking your stuff up and if its priced right your stuff will sell). If things start flying out the door, you may want to negotiate a new wholesale price for them after looking at the big picture, but dont get greedy. If the retailer over prices your product sales will be slow. Volume is steady money! The big $1,2,3K jobs are great, but how often do they happen...Find steady money and you will grow.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

What they probably want to assured of is that they are not competing against you, ie, a separate price for the general public AND your list price on a YOUR website is 40 to 50 percent higher than what your wholesaler pays. Also, point of sale racks and displays go along way. You can have link for "distributors" that they log onto inside your website that gives discounts and incentives. This gives them confidence in your product.

Check out my wife's site. She does essentially this. Galleries can feel comfortable sending customers to her site because there prices are better for the same piece.

http://www.izonltd.com/

And yet another 2 cents worth!

WSS

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”