County Fair

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

County Fair

Post by twicecustom »

So been really busy gettin ready for the county fair. Hoping the turnout is good, seems like a good market. I want to personally thank everyone on this site for the help and everything, I would still be stuck with a machine that didnt do anything if it wasnt for this site!
I have cut a few files that I have gotten from the site and, man you guys do nice work! And Gary, Amazing art. Im glad we bought all 3 of the packages. The fair starts tomorrow, so I will put some pics up when I get them ,but between the laser engraver and the plasma, we shouldnt have a problem there.
Thats all... :D
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
admin
Site Admin

Re: County Fair

Post by admin »

Thats great, I am so glad you have found PlasmaSpider's fine members to be so helpful. Best of luck at the fair, I hope you do better than you can imagine. :D
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

The fair went real well, It rained a little the first day, all day the second day, and a little the rest of the days, so attendance wasnt what it could have been. Sold a couple fire pits on the spot, a couple signs, and took some orders for custom signs, the guys handed out lots of cards. The laser wasnt a hit as planned, but its all a learning experience.
Benjiman
Vern2
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Vern2 »

Just a thought,

Become a Show. Not another booth. What about building a small plasma table and customize things on the spot? 2' x 2' would make about 75% of what you sell. Another thing, have a few finished things, you don't sell. Then sell the raw product just off the plasma table, at 50% the price. Then while you wait for the next customer, your doing a show and tell (black smith stuff) on finishing what just came off the table, for the customer waiting for it on the side. Of course this won't be a one man or woman show. Sounds more like a fun day.

Vern
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

Well, we did have our laser set up there.. People have a hard time coming up with something on the fly. Ive found that they like to think things over and make changes in there heads. Atleast thats how the folks are around here. We did end up getting quite a bit of sales after the show. and repeat customers as well.
Benjiman

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”