Pricing advise on fireball for pit

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
RTD Fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Pricing advise on fireball for pit

Post by RTD Fab »

What do you all charge for the fireball firepit dezigns? Approx 30" at widest point

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Pricing advise on fireball for pit

Post by beefy »

If I recall correctly I've seen members talking about 600-700.
I'm delivering one this weekend but I only charged $450 because I'd used it once to take a "live" video for marketing use. People were trying to bargain me down even at that price but I politely told them it wouldn't be worth my effort.

I'd say there's some variables that will allow you to do it cheaper than 600, or scoff at that price and want more to make it worthwhile.

What thickness steel, what square area of steel did you have to use to get all the pieces (i.e. material cost and handling).
How long was your table cutting.
How long did it take you to put together, and how was the quality of your assembly (everything lined up, etc).

Many members seem to have said they don't bother with these and there's easier and faster ways of making cash with a plasma. You've got to find people who can appreciate this design and all the extra work that goes into making this complicated firepit. Otherwise they may simply compare it with one made of some simple flat peices with patterns cut in.

Keith
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
RTD Fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by RTD Fab »

Everything lined up exceptional and was welded out clean rounded corners, geound, sanded, degreased, acid soak, high temp PC with horseshoes used as handles with custom whip style wood poker.......very pleaae. All in all as for time welding and finishing it was about 4 hours. I'll get the run report when get in but was cut from 1/8 mild HR Steel and about 3/4 of a sheet total used. I am thinking a out an hour to 1.5 cutting and one set of consumables which are still cutting well.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I'd be at about $1000, but have never made one. People around here balk at anything over $350, so I do simpler designs.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

$1000 is what I quote...take it or leave it. I've made a couple so the fun's gone out of it.

Allen

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”