Wondering What You Guys Would Charge

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
philb86
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Wondering What You Guys Would Charge

Post by philb86 »

I dont have the file of the cut handy, but the specs of the cutting are as follows;

3/8" A36, supplied by customer ( explain later)
2650 Inches of Cut
110 Pierces

Friends of mine are building a custom grapple bucket for their tractor, so i didnt mind them picking up the material and supplying it. Took one full 4 x 8 sheet and one 4 x 4 sheet. They loaded it on the table, i just jockeyed it around to make sure that it was square. They hung out, we bs'ed and they were responsible for all deburring.

I have been using the one excel spreadsheet that someone here made available, with some minor modifications. In that spreadsheet, the cut inch and pierce prices for 3/8" material is, $0.20 and $0.35 respectively. I struggle, because I am unsure if those two prices are just for the two operations at hand, cut inches and pierces, or if that includes deburring/cleaning material after it being cut, etc.

If you use those figures above, the price for cut inch and pierce comes to $568.50. I ended up charging them $275 basically cutting that cost in half.

Regardless of being friends, acquaintances, etc... What would you charge to a customer coming in just for the cutting side, Im not so worried about material.

Thanks guys.

Phil B.
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wondering What You Guys Would Charge

Post by mdwalker »

Not sure if you are using the spreadsheet I created and posted or if you are using one of the others. If you are using the one I posted it covers the material, handling, cutting, and cleaning dross. You can make it cover whatever expenses you want. In a case like you are talking about I would figure the full price not including the material. I would then look at that price and decide how good of friends they are.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
philb86
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Wondering What You Guys Would Charge

Post by philb86 »

Mdwalker, which one was your file?

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”