Sales before and after getting a website.

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
jaywjnt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Sales before and after getting a website.

Post by jaywjnt »

Hello all. I am curious to hear from those people who started out selling without a website but now have a site up. Could you tell me roughly the percentage the site increased your sales if at all ? I have been contemplating getting a site but do not have the time for do it yourself and would have to pay someone to build/maintain it for me. I am assuming $80-100 per month after the initial setup cost but still need to talk to someone for a quote. I would be looking to showcase work and take orders online. If you have a moment and can you tell me, if it is worth the expense outsourcing, or is it not, unless you do it yourself and don't have to pay monthly fees ?

Thanks in advance for any input on this.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Sales before and after getting a website.

Post by Rodw »

I've run a small ecommerce site since 2009 and its only this year I've realised how little I knew about running one. This year I am committing close to $50k with consultants to take the business forward. I would not be doing that if I was not 100% confident that I Will get my money back in just a few months. I expect to be turning over $1.0m in 12 months after consistently ticking over at about $30k a year as a hobby up until 12 months ago. I'm also considering purchasing a CNC milling machine to manufacture 2 parts I'm currently outsourcing. This probably isn't the right forum to go further but there is no doubt the sky is the limit. I want to be doing $3.0m in 2 years time.

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”