who has a website

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
GrayCon Services
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

who has a website

Post by GrayCon Services »

I am looking at getting a website, but don't know where to start. What does it take and where is the best place to start. There are so many sights that you can use to build your page, but I am not sure which ones are good to use. Any help would be great. Also if you don't mind post a link to your site so we can see how they look.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: who has a website

Post by tnbndr »

I have a website : http://www.ikescreations.com/ : that I created years ago by myself using Doteasy subscription and webbuilder. It was pretty easy but limited and as you see pretty basic.
I currently have a professional web builder designing my new site based on my original but with an ecommerce page and some other options that I wanted. She had me subscribe to Go Daddy and I will be moving everything over when she gets finished, which should be soon. The domain will be the same so just keep checking if you want to compare.
Last edited by tnbndr on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I have done a couple websites, you can see my portfolio here:
http://www.gamelordproductions.com/portfolio.html (I also built the site in the link).

What exactly are you looking for in your website? Are you looking for a vanity site (just personal to show you or your business items) or a full e-commerce site (products in categories with credit card purchasing)? There are quite a few options for either one.

Working on a new site for my fabrication biz.....just don't have the time to get it finished.

I can answer any questions you may have.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Capstone »

I have a website as well. (see my signature block)
Pretty much just a gallery. No attached store. I use Etsy for the few items I offer online, with very limited success.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
lklassen331
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by lklassen331 »

Here is our website. We didn't really have time to do our own work so we had someone build it for us. We haven't had it long but it has already brought us work! Very pleased with it...

http://108.61.21.59/~saefnwa/
5x10 Dynatorch High Definition plasma table. Cuttingshop drawing program. Sigmanest nesting program. Custom fabrication and powder coating.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might Ecclesiastes 9:10
bigworm36
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by bigworm36 »

Here is my website it is powered by wix. See link in my signature. And it is mobile friendly!
Arclight 5x5 table
Delta 3 CandCNC controller
Hypertherm PM 85
Linux computer
Solid edge 3D
SheetCam
Inkscape
Millermatic 211
www.ceeplasma.com
AnthonyCoker
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by AnthonyCoker »

I host my own websites. So the only cost per year is the url and ddns. The reason I use ddns is for security purposes. So approximately 15.00 to 20.00 year and electricity. You can host your own site as well with any version of windows that is ultimate etc... It is called IIS. My website is http://www.appliancerepairworkshop.com. If I can help with any questions just let me know.
C'mon Now! :D

Einstein hit it on the head!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
urbnsr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by urbnsr »

While it has been years since I've published a website, they were more user forum oriented. Now, I am wondering about building a new site, but the biggest question I have is the shipping fee portion of an e-commerce site.

Is there a way to calculate shipping fees accurately or do self-publishers base the shipping costs on the total items purchased? i.e: $0-$25.00 total, add $10 shipping. $26-50, add $15.00 shipping, etc... ?
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

There are several open box e-commerce platforms out there now days. I prefer MIVA, cost is a little higher than some but they are very open module orientated so you have more personal control over your layouts, can edit anything and everything yourself (no forced cookie cutter formats) and are fully CSS and HTML compatible. Just design your home page as you want or you can use one of their pre-made templates for a drag-n-drop design. Create your own categories automatically, create products easy by adding product, uploading pictures and selecting what category you want it to be in and your done. Everything else is done backend for shipping, processing, customer account creation, order tracking, e-mails to customer and to you for orders and even shipping label printing. You can even process live transactions yourself for call-in orders right into Miva and it will process them automatically. Integrated with USPS, FedEx, UPS or whatever you want. You can host on your own or use them as a host. If you use them you get free upgrades, free customer support, automatic backups and such. Cost is around 80/month for everything including hosting, SSL, domain name and licenses.
Here are some videos showing how to use MIva. First one is adding a product. About 2 minutes.
http://docs.miva.com/videos/catalog
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Thanks Gamelord but I'm about half way through the process with Shopify. To late to start over but will look into it for another site I will be building next month.

Thanks
Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Merica_Metal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Merica_Metal »

Shopify is your best bet. That's what I use.
2017 Shop Sabre SideKick 4
Upgrades: Marker/Plotter, Laser sights, Engraver
Hypertherm PM65
krymis
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by krymis »

I had mopro build mine. www.croftcnc.com What i like about it is i have a full backend dashboard to do social media campaigns, landing pages, and contests and such. I also use a variety of other plug-ins and companies to facilitate data-mining and blast e-mail creation. I utilize a local university's marketing and computer tech programs to learn what programs to pair and use to best suit my needs. It has worked as my sales are increasing exponentially by the day.
nalin400m
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by nalin400m »

Nalin Manufacturing, LLC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Bulltear Starlab 4'x8'

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”