Marketing your products

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Marketing your products

Post by ajk2004 »

Guys,
I have a question regarding marketing your products. I am a school teacher and recently built my own CNC machine for my home shop. I'm looking to make some extra income from my table and some small odd jobs. Just curious as to how you go about marketing. Thanks.
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Marketing your products

Post by michmetalman »

Facebook, craft shows, Farmers Markets..anything you can find to get your stuff out there. I luckily got into Facebook about 5 years ago when it was a bit easier to have your posts seen, so I built up a huge fan base. Those days are gone, but still a very helpful tool.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I think one of the other posters used a local restaurant to hang his work with tags on them. I think the idea was for both selling and for promoting new customers for custom work. If you match the restaurant’s scheme it’s a plus for them too. Another said he did donations to a fund raiser to get the word out too, word of mouth can get you started.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

Local Facebuy buy/sell/"garagesale", etc groups have been very good to me, for the artsy/decorative types of stuff. A good relationship with my metal supplier, and a stack of cards there, has done well also. Those, along with word of mouth, have been most effective for me.

When I get caught up, I plan on doing what acourtjester recommends...make some samples for local establishments. A "freebie" decoration/sign or two, in exchange for a prominent place to display it (and cards), seems like a good idea.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

motoguy wrote:Local Facebuy buy/sell/"garagesale", etc groups have been very good to me, for the artsy/decorative types of stuff. A good relationship with my metal supplier, and a stack of cards there, has done well also. Those, along with word of mouth, have been most effective for me.

When I get caught up, I plan on doing what acourtjester recommends...make some samples for local establishments. A "freebie" decoration/sign or two, in exchange for a prominent place to display it (and cards), seems like a good idea. I plan on getting some stickers made, which I can apply under the clear coat on the back, as well. That way, if people can look it over, they can always tell where to get one...haven't decided if I want to go as far as engraving my info on the back of each piece. :)
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”