price?????

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
dakota101
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

price?????

Post by dakota101 »

48x47 1/4in metal sign I am wanting to sell and i'm needing to know what you guys think on prices!!!! #newbie to all of this any help would be appreciate it very much thank you
cut distance:850.2449in
number of pierces:90

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

4x8 trucutcnc
Hypertherm 85 amp
volquartsen
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: price?????

Post by volquartsen »

you figure in your price of materials--then how many times it pierces the metal.. then your cut labor for the machine time-- my guess would be around 210.00$ then you painted it add another 50.00$ ---260.00 --- i can be wrong also--
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

I just sold one of these at the Southern Spring Home and Garden show for $55. I made it from 16 gauge and scaled it to 24" x 24". At $52 a sheet, $1.63 per square foot that comes up to a cost of $6.52 in metal. I painted it using Silver hammered paint, cost of paint and mini roller just about $1 for a total of $7.52 material cost. Consumables and power less than .50 cent for a total of about $8.00. Sold for $55, That's a $47 profit or about a 600% mark up. Not bad money for something I had about .3 man hours in. Some will quote you very high prices and if they can get that fine. I bet you'll sell 5 times the pieces if you price yourself reasonably. At the Spring show other metal artist were selling their products a lot higher than mine and the 2 others I spoke with didn't sell enough to pay their booth rent. The last day of the show I cut my prices by 50% the last hour and sold 35 pieces. At 50% off of my show prices I was still making an average of 400% profit and didn't have to pack much up to come home. Masons forge from here on the forum was their helping a friend with a booth and tried to talk me out of cutting my price at the end of the show but I took a gamble and it worked. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
dakota101
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member