Price Check, Aisle 5

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
Jcadwell
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Price Check, Aisle 5

Post by Jcadwell »

I'm new here, but I'll jump right in.

I've run Mach 3 based plasma and router systems in the past, and am considering buying a 4x8 plasma table. Part of the drive to buy a unit rather than farm out work is the cost of some ambitious personal projects.

Can I get a sanity check from someone on the cost of cutting the following?

I'm looking to cut 40 fence panels that are 3' by 8' from steel, probably 11 or 12 gauge. Each panel has about 1650" of cutting, with about 200 pierces. There are 6 unique panel designs, so the CAM time increases a bit. Assume you get a clean DXF with closed lines, all on the same layer, that doesn't require fixing.

Not including material, what would you charge for this job in as-cut condition?

Thanks.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Price Check, Aisle 5

Post by acourtjester »

might help if you give the location so those closest may chime in. :lol: :lol:
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Jcadwell
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Jcadwell »

I'm in Richland WA.
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Shane Warnick »

I would be around $12,000.00 plus tax given the figures you presented. That is for cleaned ( dross free) raw, no finish. Prob be around $6000 more to powdercoat, I could prob do better than that given the quantity, but I would have to squeeze my guy and see where I could get with him.

Send me the drawings and $5000 I can get started Monday, I will require another $4000 when I am half way done, balance due upon completion, FOB from Midland Tx :D :D :D

I just noticed you said material not included, the above price is all in. If you furnish material its going to be around $5000, or roughly $125 per panel.

Shane
Jcadwell
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Jcadwell »

Thanks for the sanity check. I've gotten quotes around 14K with material, and 6.5K just for cutting. It makes buying a table for 12K look pretty good.

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”