Price for Commercial sign

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Price for Commercial sign

Post by radnurse68 »

The customer will be installing the sign themselves so the following design is planned to allow that to happen as easily as possible with limited resources and skill. The sign itself will be powdercoated by me and the pole will be painted by the customer after installation. This sign is a double sided 47in circle of 12g mild steel with led lighting from the inside. The customer wants to mount it approx 10-12 feet high. My current plan is to role a 5in ring of 3/16 and weld it to the inside edge of one side of the sign creating a 5 in "lip" around it. The other side of the sign will then attach using stainless steel bolts creating a "sandwich" so to speak. The waterproof led strip lights will be attached to the inside surface of the "ring" shinning inward towards the middle of the sign. It should illuminate it quiet nicely I think. To attach the sign to the pole my plan was to take a short section of 4" pipe and weld one end to the 5 in 3/16 "lip" and weld a 4" slip flange to the other end of it. Then weld another 4" slip flange to the pole. The customer will then mount the pole in the ground and place the sign on top of the pole and bolt the two flanges together. The wire for the lights will run down the center of the pole to about chest high and come out into a waterproof box for the electrician to tie in. I will mount a sensor to the box to turn the lights on automatically at dusk. All of my work will be done in my shop and the customer will pick it up and be responsible for the installation. Understanding that price of material is different for everyone what would you charge for a job like this? My cost for the materials is around 500 and I plan to charge about 350 for the powder coating. I am also open to suggestions of doing it differently. Thanks
'

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Creating Sparks Metal Worx
Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 12000 5X10
Linux, Sheetcam, Inkscape, Solid Edge
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

"Ridin around having a big time!"
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Price for Commercial sign

Post by radnurse68 »

Well I decided to price it at $3000. Thats delivered to her location ready to install and paint the pole. The customer is installing and painting the pole. Once I deliver it I'm done. She accepted the price without hesitation.

Steve
Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

SomethingMetal
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by SomethingMetal »

No way I could have gotten $3,000 here in NC.
Samson 510
Hypertherm PM85
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by whiskeymike »

Seems like a good price for both involved.

When you are done, I'd like to see finished product photos.

Did you put a piece between the two sheets? Seems like if you didn't have something, the letter cut out of the opposite side would interfere with the side you are looking at. I also did understand the mount, but it seems like you have it figured out. I'd like to build something similar, although smaller for my shop.
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by radnurse68 »

I came to the price of $3000 by taking the price of my materials and increasing it by 50%. Then I figured the powder coating at $7 sqft inside and out (50 sqft)=$350. Then added the cut charge of the two sides of 12g @ $366.04 (includes material). Lights $200. That comes to $1436.00. I have been told on here that I didn't charge enough for some other big projects that took longer than expected to do so I took that number and I doubled it. She not only said yes, she ordered another one (smaller single layer back lit) for the front of the building.
And in reference to placing something over the openings and I did decide to put some translucent white plexiglass or acrylic on the inside to prevent that problem and to prevent birds from nesting inside and improve the life of the lights by protecting them from the weather better. I will post some pics of the finished product when I'm done.

Steve
Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”