Ebay - disadvantage showing sales stats.

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Ebay - disadvantage showing sales stats.

Post by beefy »

Just wondering if any of you see if as a disadvantage selling on Ebay, as far as number of sales being displayed.

What I mean is if you have 20 products listed and 3 of them are good sellers, then if your competition can see the number of sales you are making they are going to try and jump on the bandwagon with the good ones.

Showing quantity of sales is basically just advertising what's making money for you and what isn't.

Opinions ???

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Ebay - disadvantage showing sales stats.

Post by acourtjester »

With eBay’s feed back a customer is able to see if buyers are happy with their purchase I think that is a plus. They use it as a sign of a successful seller like you saying I sell a lot of these I better make more. I don’t know how you could stop the competition they are out to make a buck but if they under-cut you to much they suffer your both trying to work the same market.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
gdj966
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by gdj966 »

Do a private listing. When they check your feedback to look at your history of sales, they will not see what you sold.. Just a thought..
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

gdj966 wrote:Do a private listing. When they check your feedback to look at your history of sales, they will not see what you sold.. Just a thought..
Thanks gdj966,

you can see how much I know about Ebay :D

I'll look into that one,

Keith
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”