Air dryer

All topics related to compressed air supply.
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Air dryer

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

What is everyone useing for dry air. I live in central KY hummidity hit 70 + % most days.
I am running desicant from HF worked good for a while needs replaceing to often.
Have looked at the macair ref. looks good anyone useing them info would be helpful, likes dislikes etc.
I know HF did sell one any thoughts on them as well.
One question on ref driers do you leave them turned on all the time or just run them when you run the air comp?
My consumable seem to havea somewhat shorter life than they use to. The air seems to be the problem, I am open to any and all ideas.
Thanks
Mike
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Air dryer

Post by boodog710 »

Use the 'search' window at the top of the page and enter: Cheap!!! Homebrew Air Dryer
It will show you how to make a drier out of an existing refrigerator, like the one in your shop that you keep beer in.

Much cheaper than buying one.
Jack
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I use an old refrigerated dryer found on Craigslist for under $100....has been working fine for a few years. I hear good things about the Harbor Freight unit as well as the Macair unit.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

I have a Harbor Freight dryer, seems to work well. I turn it on when I'm going to be using air, it's off the rest of the time.
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

I live in southeast Missouri where the humidity is terrible! I run my compressed air through approximately 80' of copper mounted along the ceiling with 2 drops to catch the condensate and it works great. I have two water traps at my Hypertherm but they've never had any moisture in them. The copper does a good job of dissipating the heat even on hot days.

Allen
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Thanks for the replys, i had forgoten all about the fridge idea, sounds like it will do the trick.
Thanks
Mike

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”