compressed air cylinders

All topics related to compressed air supply.
cncer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

compressed air cylinders

Post by cncer »

Has anyone tried using the compressed air cylinders instead of an air compressor?
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: compressed air cylinders

Post by ronsii »

you mean like scuba tanks (hi pressure) or just those little portable (low pressure)120-160 psi tanks?

The thought crossed my mind long time ago but when I found out how many cuft. of air at pressure plasmas use it quickly went out my other ear ;) I guess if you were just cutting thin and small cuts not too many inches you could go this route..... but you still have to charge up the tanks sometime and my guess is the costs of doing this (scuba tanks)will exceed the cost of a compressor if you do any quantity of cutting at all.

I actually thought of trying it quite a few years ago when I was cutting remote with my cutmaster 81 running from a 10k generator and a pancake compressor running on the same generator at (110), every few mins. it would trip one side of the 220 that the compressor was on :cry: but when I figured out the numbers I would have had to have to cut the aluminum dump truck boxes up at 6-7 cuft./min my several days of cutting would have gotten more costly... albeit quieter though :) My solution to the circuit breaker problem was bring in another generator for the compressor :lol:
cncer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cncer »

i was thinking the gas bottles like the k or T welding bottle sizes with 2200 lbs of air in them.
cncer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cncer »

k thanks so much that was kinda what i was thinkin but the local gas salesman was tryin to push me that way.
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

cncer wrote:k thanks so much that was kinda what i was thinkin but the local gas salesman was tryin to push me that way.
Of course he was....

Anyways, It would get very expensive just for air. You can find a cheap dryer on eday even if you have to use a filter dryer, do a couple in series if you have real wet air. Just remember you need to take your air pressure reading at the plasma with the air running.
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”