table ventilation

All topics related to smoke evacuation, ventilation, and water tables.
intense fabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

table ventilation

Post by intense fabrication »

I have read some posts on table ventilation, but I have more questions.

For the folks who have ventilated your table, are you using the draw fans on the bottom or the back side of your table?

Also, does anyone have a few good pictures of their ventilation systems?

Jeff @ Intense Fabrication Inc.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: table ventilation

Post by plasmanewbie »

I took the advice of another member from his post at this address http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

I mounted my 3000cfm fan at the back of the machine by cutting out a backplate for the table and mounting the fan to it. I broke up some .063" aluminum sheet to fabricate a rectangular duct to exhaust out my shop wall and it works awesome. It huffs the smoke out of the building and makes running the machine a lot more fun.

I don't have any pictures but I may be able to take some and post them.
intense fabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by intense fabrication »

That's what I wanted to know.

If you have or can post some pictures, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jeff
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Hey Jeff...I'll sure try, I have just been super busy. I found a cool link in the Google ad's at the top and bottom of these pages. The name of the site was plaservent.com or something. Scroll through the ads until you find it and then visit thier site. There stuff looks pretty cool, but I'm sure it's a fortune. :D
FCDL36X7S3
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by FCDL36X7S3 »

Attached are some other pictures of how I ventilated our machine. The picture quality is a bit dark.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hi guys I have a DHC2 Plasma Cam table that I am in the process of geting up and running. I have under exhaust system on the table that exast out the wall. When I started to install the system I call ed Tech Support at PC and they told me that this system need 5000CFM down draft through the table I had A friend of mine that is an HVAC contractor take a look at what I need to set it up. I don't have any Pic but I will take some and try to get them on the site. I have used the table with my manual torch and it works grate. I am new to this website and new to the CNC Plasma cutting concept, and I think that this site is grate. It would be nice to meet any one that is in the Phoenix Metro Valley area or close to it in AZ. Thanks again Guys.
Rod S in AZ

Return to “Water Tables, Ventilation, Air Handling”