It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:39 pm

ohmic sensor

This forum is for plasma cutting related tools and accessories. Discuss products and tools that have worked or not worked for you.
kennye

ohmic sensor

Postby kennye » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:41 pm

I am trying to upgrade my table with a ohmic sensor I've encountered a couple problems since I installed it .I used a water switch that someone had posted on this site about I have everything wired and that seems to be good my problem is whenI try a cut sometimes it cut stops at 0.0795 always and stops cutting I can restart it and sometimes it cuts all the way through. I noticed on mach 3 it says probe ignore activated at call for probe and when it does start its not setting the right cut height Im thinking that its all related maybe not. if some one could tell me what I screwed up I would appreciate it .This thing is driving me crazy thanks in advance .

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member

Re: ohmic sensor

Postby acourtjester » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:56 am

In the G-code are you using the G28 command or the G31 command for the Z axis movement. They operate the same but one is looking for a home switch input and the other is for a probe input to the BOB board.
Probe post processor
post.ModalText (" G31 Z-50 F10\n")
post.ModalText (" G92 Z0\n")
post.ModalText (" G0 z0.16\n")
probe3.jpg

Homing post processor
post.ModalText ("\n G90F30\n")
post.ModalText (" G28.1 Z0.50\n")
post.ModalText (" G92 Z0\n")
probe 4.jpg

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

kennye

Postby kennye » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:50 am

I have the G31 code iM Im working with so the probe should be checked ?

acourtjester

Postby acourtjester » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Yes and the wiring should be hooked to the pin in Mach3 you selected for probe input.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

kennye

Postby kennye » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:09 am

I think I have everything wired right the problem. Im having now is when I start the cut the torch moves to the position to start and then it goes down touches the plate and goes up to what it looks like the desired height then it starts back down .Are the settings any different in the tool in sheetcam or do I have another problem?

acourtjester

Postby acourtjester » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:40 am

It sounds like you are not firing the torch, The G-code should get you to a point where the torch is at pierce height (which is sounds like it is) then re the torch. then after a pierce delay drop down and start moving with the cutting operation.Attached is a G-code showing the steps they may not be exactly the same but should have these actions in it to work. From steps N0110 to N0200 gets the torch in position to light step N0210 is lighting the torch. N0220 is pierce delay N0230 is torch drop to cutting height and N0250 is start of moving the torch for cutting action of the job.
N0170 is floating switch correct distance (before I installed the ohmic sensor) N0180 is to set Z DRO to 0.0" N0200 is not needed just happened to be in the G-code I picked for an example.
pierce.jpg

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

kennye

Postby kennye » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks Ill look I do know the files I converted to DXF do have a mo3 and mo5 cant remember what order the other codes were
but Ill look and let you know. What you posted will be a big help thanks

Return to “Plasma Cutting Accessories & Related Tools Forum”