Jasic 250c mig welder

All topics related to mig welding, tig welding, spot welders, flame cutting, etc.
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Jasic 250c mig welder

Post by SeanP »

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this welder?
It looks like just what I'm after with a good guarantee.
Thanks
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
mustangbill
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Jasic 250c mig welder

Post by mustangbill »

never heard of them, if it was me I would stick with a name brand
my personal choice would be miller
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

looks like a re-boxed model of other Chinese Migs like Longevity and Everlast. Maybe a new importer in the UK, many of the other brands sold here in the US. I have a Everlast Tig and it does what I need to do as a HD hobbyist I have a Miller Mig.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

If they have support like the USA Razorweld machines by Jasic, probably OK to roll the dice..Prices are about the same as name brand stuff, so not sure why I would? Over your way it's probably way different pricing on machines.. The China machines from Tweco/Thermal-arc generally out perform the USA counterparts on a price to performance ratio. Sometimes they just flat out weld better too. Great support with Tweco/Esab backing them..

http://www.razorweld.com/about.asp
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

Jasic is supposed to be one of the top brands of the made in China welders (or so I was told) and they are supposed to perform very well.
I had their 160tig and it worked pretty well. I have their 195 dual voltage mig and it works very well also. I also had their little 110v tig/stick and that worked pretty good too. A few things I don't personally care for on their machines (such as no foot pedal for their tigs), but overall their mig I have is nice. Gear driven, aluminum wire feeder assembly, beefy ground clamp, regulators look nice too (I'm a flowmeter guy though)
One thing I personally hate is mig gun. I don't like tweco #2 stuff at all. But they work and work well. Probably the only inverter mig welder I used that i actually like.
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Capstone »

I've spent a lot of time researching a step up MIG welder from my current one, the Eastwood 135. I have gotten by with it on most of my hack jobs using flux-core. Once I became proficient, (no expert) I realized that it only covers the narrow "middle" of my needs; nothing thinner than 16ga (1.6mm) and nothing thicker that 3/16" (5mm) so my search has been to find a powerful MIG/TIG/STICK invertor unit that won't break the bank. Everlast, Longevity, TWECO all make comparable models, with the top ~250amp models coming out to around $1500US, but on some that's without a TIG gun and Aluminum Spool. I've never heard of Jasic, and when I went to their website, I didn't see a 250amp MIG/TG/Stick, only the 210amp model, so it seems to fall short there.

I'm sold on the Everlast PowerMTS250s.
Also, the duty cycle of the Everlast PowerMTS250S was 35%, which is a lot better than the Jasic at only 25% (~30% better) . They are finally back in stock online with Homedepot, so I'll be making this purchase within the next few days because I like the added layer of support and can use my credit from Homedepot for no interest financing.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

Thanks for all the replies, think I'll give it a go, should have included a link there sorry - http://www.jasic.co.uk/mig-250-compact- ... r-82-p.asp

I can get this machine for 875uk pounds at the moment which is more in my price range, I actually paid 800 for the last mig some 30yrs ago.
The dealer which sells these is only 15mins away so with the 5yr guarantee that's worth a lot to me.

I will report back and let you know what it's like once I get set up.

Cheers
250.jpg
Spec.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Powermax XP45
Table build gallery
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

Capstone wrote:
I'm sold on the Everlast PowerMTS250s.
Also, the duty cycle of the Everlast PowerMTS250S was 35%, which is a lot better than the Jasic at only 25% (~30% better) . They are finally back in stock online with Homedepot, so I'll be making this purchase within the next few days because I like the added layer of support and can use my credit from Homedepot for no interest financing.
Lol I am sorry but I love how everyone considers duty cycle an important factor with welder so when it's almost a non issue.
Unless you are doing production work or hit your duty cycle on your current welder there is really no need to worry about.
Especially the difference if 5%.
Each welder is rated X duty cycle at X amperage. So if welder A is 20% at 100 amps and welder B is 30% at 90 amps (just throwing numbers out there) they are basically the same.
Also another thing to consider is the temperature. Nobody every really will dig deep into the paperwork to find that information out. They should be tested at 104* (if I recall correctly)
So 20% at 100 amps at 104* is what the specs should really say
Some companies will test it at a lower ambient air temperature to claim a higher duty cycle. Say your shop is 65* you probably will have a hard time hitting that duty cycle
Some places will inflate the duty cycle by 5% to be better than the competition and who is really going to test their theory to find out?
I had one name brand welder that had a 25% duty and an imported one with a different name (won't say who) and it said 30%. I tore them both done and found them to be identical inside. It's all marketing tactics. So don't base your decision on duty cycle.
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
TheElf
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TheElf »

SeanP wrote:Thanks for all the replies, think I'll give it a go, should have included a link there sorry - http://www.jasic.co.uk/mig-250-compact- ... r-82-p.asp

I can get this machine for 875uk pounds at the moment which is more in my price range, I actually paid 800 for the last mig some 30yrs ago.
The dealer which sells these is only 15mins away so with the 5yr guarantee that's worth a lot to me.

Cheers
250.jpg
Spec.jpg
It's good you followed your instincts. So after two years how is the machine? The USA version is sold locally so it has my interest. taxes may force me to purchase another avenue. anyway, I always like JASIC. Cheerio,
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

It's great, perfect for my needs, seems to be a smooth stable arc, although i did have to modify the reel holder a bit it was breaking the plastic locator on the reel and not giving enough resistance.
Its plenty of power, I ran it on a 13a 3 pin plug for a good while up to 21v before it blew the fuse, have the 16a setup now so no probs.
Used some .6mm wire the other day but struggled doing some car bodywork, found out later i hadnt turned down the wire feed far enough, once i did it went very well.
Would I buy again???
Yes definitely
Powermax XP45
Table build gallery
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

TheElf wrote:
SeanP wrote:Thanks for all the replies, think I'll give it a go, should have included a link there sorry - http://www.jasic.co.uk/mig-250-compact- ... r-82-p.asp

Cheers
250.jpg
Spec.jpg
It's good you followed your instincts. So after two years how is the machine? The USA version is sold locally so it has my interest. taxes may force me to purchase another avenue. anyway, I always like JASIC. Cheerio,
I sell Razorweld machines if you are interested. In the USA only though
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor

Return to “Mig Welders, Tig Welders, Spot Welders”