Needing Product Review Info

All topics related to bending, forming, notching, drilling, saw cutting, etc.
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Needing Product Review Info

Post by Thumper »

I'm looking to purchase a a few new shop tools and would prefer to keep everything the same brand but I'm torn on what to buy. First up I'm looking for a 48-50" box and pan break in 12g-14g with a budget in the $2,000 range or so. 2nd is a 48-50" slip roll $1500 or so give or take and a few other things but their all very similar between brands.
The Jet brakes seem solid but in my needs their limited to 2.5" box depth which seems silly. Baileigh seems solid but I know nothing about them and are a tad higher. Any opinions are possibly know where one might get a deal buying multiple items at once? Other items are drill press,mitering band saw and a bead roller.
I do not want to buy junk but I'm on a budget to so toss me some ideas please..
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Needing Product Review Info

Post by Gamelord »

I own a couple of Baileigh tools. They are ROCK SOLID and built to last. They are also on this forum and will help you out direct face to face.

Highly recommend them. I prefer to pay a little more and get something that will last forever and do the job than to save a couple bucks and wish I had something better. Baileigh has not disappointed me at all.

They may be able to work with you on pricing. I was able to save a lot on my tubing bender because it was set up as a demo at one of the shows. Looked brand new when I got it and has worked excellent.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

You should be able to get something decent in that price range for both.
I prefer to look for old USA made tools like Pexto, Roper Whitney, Chicago, etc on ebay or used equipment dealers in my area. May not look new but built to last.
I don't own any Baleigh tools so I cannot knock them. Some of their stuff is made here in the USA also. Take your time and do some research.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Gamelord, do you have a Baileigh slip roll? If so which one and do you like it. I have been thinking about purchasing one from them.

Thanks, Dawg
Baileigh Inc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Baileigh Inc »

I am here, just found this and am heading out for the day. Give me a call direct and I can get you the hookup and we can talk about brakes, I know every brake on the market because I have sold them all. 920-482-3220 Shane
Shane Henderson
Baileigh Industrial
shenderson@baileighindustrial.com
920-482-3220

Serious metal fabrication equipment
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

Baileigh Inc wrote:I am here, just found this and am heading out for the day. Give me a call direct and I can get you the hookup and we can talk about brakes, I know every brake on the market because I have sold them all. 920-482-3220 Shane
Thanks Shane, I will give you a call on Monday and we can talk shop. Id like to order fairly quickly and do a review on them after working with them so others will have documentation to look at on how they function.
B Holmes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by B Holmes »

I would steer clear of Jet apron brakes. I own one and have had two casting failures. Castings are very weak.
5 x 10 Air bladder water table
Precision plasma HDB gantry
CandCnC 620-4 Bladerunner
Feather touch ohmic plate sensing
Hypertherm Powermax 65
2015 Autocad lt
Sheetcam
Mach 3
Central California
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I don't have the slip roller but it is on my wish list. :) I do have the 48" box pan brake and absolutely love it BB-4812 I also have the tubing bender RDB-050.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate CAD
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

B Holmes wrote:I would steer clear of Jet apron brakes. I own one and have had two casting failures. Castings are very weak.
Funny you mention that, I found it odd that they really push the fact they have a 2 year warranty. I felt every time I've watched a youtube video and they pushed that fact that their must be something wrong because a quality product doesn't really need a big long warranty, IMO if it's a defect then it will normally fail pretty quick.

Game lord how wide of a piece can you bend of 12g? Just curious , I'm wondering how wide of 14g the 4814 can handle. Their is no information anywhere on this.
Last edited by Thumper on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Here's their site. It will handle 48" at 14ga.
http://metal.baileighindustrial.com/box-brake-bb-4814

The 4812 will handle 48" at 12ga. It takes some work to bend that though, two people is preferred.

Torchmate CAD
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

Gamelord wrote:Here's their site. It will handle 48" at 14ga.
http://metal.baileighindustrial.com/box-brake-bb-4814

The 4812 will handle 48" at 12ga. It takes some work to bend that though, two people is preferred.

I appreciate that, I saw their specs on it but Ive read that some breaks would not handle full length bends on maximum rated metal thickness so I was curious about that. Most of my stuff will be 16g so I wanted to go slightly overkill rather than under but I will be bending some 14g as well. I'll chat with him and see what we can come up with.
Im also looking seriously at their BS-210M band saw so we will see what we end up with.
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

The model number of any brake will tell you its capapcity at full lenght. 4814 is 48" of 14 ga, if you find an old used brake from the 30's and can still read the tag it is the same thing, a 6010 is 60" of 10 ga. Now that is industry practice and I can't say that the imports follow it or if their ratings are actually true.
You can always bend heavier if it is not full length and you set the top blade back to allow for material thickness. Some cheaper brakes and imports do not allow you to make this adjustment and that is where failure occurs.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I purchased a cheapo brake from HarborF.... It was rated at 14ga...NOT. It would barely bend 16 ga. full length and it broke within two weeks of using it. I ended up welding it back together a couple times before shoving it into a corner in the shop and getting my Baileigh. Have never used the old bender since and can honestly say the Baileigh will bend it's full length specs no problem. It also does what the old HF unit did with ease where the HB struggled. Don't waste your money on cheapo imports or no-name junk. Buy it once and never worry about it again. Plus with Baileigh being located in the states, if I ever do end up needing anything, it's nice to be able to just pick up the phone (or even get a hold of Shane on here). When I called for replacement parts from HF....I think I heard them laughing in the background.

Torchmate CAD
Baileigh Inc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Baileigh Inc »

Thumper wrote:
Baileigh Inc wrote:I am here, just found this and am heading out for the day. Give me a call direct and I can get you the hookup and we can talk about brakes, I know every brake on the market because I have sold them all. 920-482-3220 Shane
Thanks Shane, I will give you a call on Monday and we can talk shop. Id like to order fairly quickly and do a review on them after working with them so others will have documentation to look at on how they function.

Sounds good
Shane Henderson
Baileigh Industrial
shenderson@baileighindustrial.com
920-482-3220

Serious metal fabrication equipment
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

I just wanted to update this thread , I've ordered a Baileigh BS-210M bandsaw along with benders MPB-10 and MPB-40 and a few misc other items. I'll be ordering the BB 4812 or BB 4814 finger break along with a SR 5016 slip roll next week as well. I have been extremely pleased with my experience with Baileigh, Shane and Arron both have been very upfront,honest and extremely pleasant to deal with which made it a very easy and pleasant transaction.
I can't speak about the product itself yet but I will give a full report on the overall quality of each item and my overall opinion on Baileigh's product quality in general once I get a little seat time with them..
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

Edited.

Return to “Metal Bending, Rolling, Notching, Drilling, Saw Cutting”