Consumables for Duramax Machine Torch?

Information on plasma cutting nozzles, electrodes, and other consumables.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Consumables for Duramax Machine Torch?

Post by Oldsarge »

I'm getting ready to buy the Duramax torch for my 1250 today and want to get some consumables at the same time. As I read it, if I'm using the CandCNC setup with DTHC I should order the ohmic consumables... is that correct? Also, there are 40 amp ohmic tips, and 40 amp fine cut ohmic tips listed... what are the differences? I'm going to be cutting 1/4" and less most of the time, and at times will want to cut up to 3/4" Is there an initial kit or assortment, or what would be the best initial stock of consumables to order?

Thanks!
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Consumables for Duramax Machine Torch?

Post by jimcolt »

I don't believe that the CandCNC DTHC uses Ohmic plate surface sensing...although you should check with them to be sure.

The consumables you should be using are: FineCut (for materials thinner than 10 ga, best quality), 45 Amp shielded (from gauge to 3/8"), 65 amp shielded (1/4" to 5/8"), and 80 amp shielded (1/2" to 3/4"). There are no parts called a "tip" in a Hypertherm torch...some people call the shield a tip, others call the nozzle a tip, and others call the electrode a tip......too much confusion!

Fine Cut Part numbers:

Shield: 220948
Retaining cap: 220854 (if Ohmic, 220953)
Nozzle: 220930
Electrode: 220842
Swirl Ring: 220857

45 amp shielded numbers:

Shield: 220817
Retaining cap: 220854 (if Ohmic, 220953
Nozzle: 220941
Electrode: 120842
Swirl Ring: 220857

65 Amp shielded numbers:

Same as 45 except use Nozzle: 220819

80 Amp shielded numbers:

Same as 45 except use Nozzle: 220816

A CD is shipped with the Duramax torches....it will have detailed cut charts. The cut speeds and settings are a bit different than with the original torch for the 1250.....trust me, you will love the cut quality and consumable life!

Jim Colt

Oldsarge wrote:I'm getting ready to buy the Duramax torch for my 1250 today and want to get some consumables at the same time. As I read it, if I'm using the CandCNC setup with DTHC I should order the ohmic consumables... is that correct? Also, there are 40 amp ohmic tips, and 40 amp fine cut ohmic tips listed... what are the differences? I'm going to be cutting 1/4" and less most of the time, and at times will want to cut up to 3/4" Is there an initial kit or assortment, or what would be the best initial stock of consumables to order?

Thanks!
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Thanks Jim! Looking forward to using this torch, I've heard a lot of good things about it!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

Jim's right, your CandCNC controls will use a microswitch for surface sensing, not ohmic.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Thanks! I spoke with the folks in Texas, and they set me straight... The K2 Z axis has the microswitch for sensing the surface... I'll learn this stuff soon.... I'll be ordering everything tomorrow, and as soon as I get back from Canada on Monday I'll be ordering the steel for the water table. I have a few more obligations on the home front, then I'll be diving into the build full-tilt. Will probably be taking some vacation days in conjunction with Memorial day weekend so I can get all the heavy fabrication done in 3-4 days then focus on the rest of the build. Will post pics as I go!

thanks again for the help!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85

Return to “Plasma Consumables”