Consumables question. Anyone have a hypotherm 45?

Information on plasma cutting nozzles, electrodes, and other consumables.
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Consumables question. Anyone have a hypotherm 45?

Post by michmetalman »

I have a 2x2 Torchmate table and just received my 4x4 upgrade. I also have a Powermax 45 on the way.
Right now I use a Cutmaster 42 with my 2x2 and I am using a 20 am tip and getting really nice detail.
I have never had a machine torch, and I see the 45 cannot use 20 amp tips. My question is, how do I go about keeping all the great detail I am getting from my 20 amp tip with my new machine?
Thanks!
WyoGreen
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Consumables question. Anyone have a hypotherm 45?

Post by WyoGreen »

Once you get your HT45, if you look in the owners manual you'll see a table for using HT30 consumables in the Ht45 machine torch.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

You can use the standard shielded 45 amp nozzle anywhere from 20 to 45 amps with excellent cut quality, or you can use the 30 amp parts (from 20 to 30 amps) with excellent quality and a narrower kerf width. Full details and cut charts are in the instruction manual specifically for machine cutting. Thanks for buying the Hypertherm, you won't regret it!

Jim Colt Hypertherm
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

I want to order the consumables with my machine, but not sure what I will need most of. One I know is the nozzle, but what else will I go through most? With my cutmaster 42 it was tips and electrodes that I ordered together. Not so sure with the HP45.
Thanks
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Metriccar »

You'll go through the same with the powermax, electrodes and nozzles. I replace then as sets as well. I keep a few shields and swirl rings around just incase. Every once in a while I will nick/bend the threads on the shields and that's when I replace them.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

With the Hypertherm shielded consumables on machines with accurate pierce height and pierce delay times you will typically experience between 400 and 1000 starts on a nozzle, about twice that before the electrode is spent. The shield on my Powermax85 is original (4-1/2 years) as is the swirl ring and retaining cap.

Keep the parts clean, clean the inside of the torch, have adequate moisture control on your airlines and your consumable cost will be (by far) the lowest in the plasma cutting industry.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Plasma Consumables”