steel fx ??????

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: steel fx ??????

Post by steelfx »

Dustan wrote:so I definately want some copper fx is there anything else I should get with it to make it better or will I be fine with just ordering a gallon of copper fx on its own
You can use Copper FX by itself, or add Pewter FX to add bronzing effects. And, the Torch FX on top of Copper FX will give you reds & blues...

Bill
:)
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

So it says that there is no shipping to canada but the checkout goes to saskatchewan,Canada and figures shipping will it work for sure just makin sure
Krazy Kutz metal designs
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

It should work just fine...I took off the wording that said, "No Shipping To Canada" a few days ago.
You might be looking at a cached page, so right-click & hit refresh or reload.

Let me know if you have any problems with the checkout. The logistics of checkout & shipping to Canada
are still having 'labor pains' LOL

:D
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

okay cool stuff probly do up an order tommorow im beat been staring @ corel draw all day :shock: Thanks again :D
Krazy Kutz metal designs
K stylz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by K stylz »

Hey Bill,

If I am on a boarder town & can get your product sent to a US holding service... http://bettasservices.com/Receiving.html

Then all I have to do is pitch to my boss and we buy off your site??

And say help out a few of my other friends up here who are in need of your product if they cover shipping... This
could be win / win for all, until full export capacities are reached.

Kevin
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

K stylz wrote:Hey Bill,

If I am on a boarder town & can get your product sent to a US holding service... http://bettasservices.com/Receiving.html

Then all I have to do is pitch to my boss and we buy off your site??

And say help out a few of my other friends up here who are in need of your product if they cover shipping... This
could be win / win for all, until full export capacities are reached.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

A U.S. "holding service" is just a costly inconvenience for you and for me. These types of "services" are at best, suspect in nature. I have taken further steps to minimize the shipping costs to ALL of Canada, which will take effect in the next few days. Instead of adding 68% to the total purchase price (which I agree is absolutely unacceptable), I have
negotiated with UPS International Standard Ground for a 'Weight-Based Rate'.

What that means in black & white is this: If you order 4 gallons and the total weight of the shipment is 40# (18kg) the shipping costs will only be around $2.00 lb (USD) which is very reasonable, considering the type of contents being shipped. That's not really all that much more than it costs to ship my products to the eastern seaboard of the U.S.

If I ship to a 'holding service', I lose control of cost metrics, end-user satisfaction, tracking & overall shipping logistics.

The website integration of the NEW shipping costs will take several days to implement, so I appreciate your patience.

There's a lot of HTML code that has to be changed on the website and a new interactive checkout procedure that will tell you as you purchase what the total costs are going to be.

In the meantime, you can call Toll-Free & place any order and I can personally tell you what the total WITH shipping to Canada is going to be. 1.800.710.1273

Thanks!

Bill
K stylz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by K stylz »

Hi Bill,

We use them for our shop when we ship up from states, but I do understand your
loss of control in estimating... was only thinking a short term thing for those of us
on the site!

Its sounds like you have things set now, and look forward to hearing of your northern
expansion!

Tonight was the first time I noticed the product you are retailing (though the photo's
of results had caught my eye in the past!) and can't wait to show the boys I work with!!
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

I'd like to see a sample pack with all the different finishes provided in 8 oz bottles.
Products like these are going to have varying results depending on the application and preparation process, and no amount of instruction is going to produce identical results. Differences in climate, metal stock, and the applier's patience :lol: will also affect the end result.
I'm much more likely to buy the gallon jugs after finding the right product or products by sampling them first. Kinda like buying a paint sample from the hardware store, I don't normally buy a full can of paint to paint a swatch and get Mrs Pony's blessing on it.

I know it could be a pain in the rump to measure out smaller quantities, but I'm reluctant to spend $19+shipping on each and every finish just to find the one or ones I like, or the ones I have the ability to get the results I expect.

How about it Bill?
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

pony wrote:I'd like to see a sample pack with all the different finishes provided in 8 oz bottles.
Products like these are going to have varying results depending on the application and preparation process, and no amount of instruction is going to produce identical results. Differences in climate, metal stock, and the applier's patience :lol: will also affect the end result.
I'm much more likely to buy the gallon jugs after finding the right product or products by sampling them first. Kinda like buying a paint sample from the hardware store, I don't normally buy a full can of paint to paint a swatch and get Mrs Pony's blessing on it.

I know it could be a pain in the rump to measure out smaller quantities, but I'm reluctant to spend $19+shipping on each and every finish just to find the one or ones I like, or the ones I have the ability to get the results I expect.

How about it Bill?
Consider It Done! As soon as my 8 oz. Bottles with Fingertip Sprayers show up, I'll fill them, take photos & place them on my website.

thanks,

Bill :)
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

I haven't done it but people have used sweetgrass montana to ship to they do the paper work and it comes across by truck.

ANY time I have used ups they screw me they have all kinds of charges and a 30.00$ charge just for the paper work on top of duty ect I ordered from cand cnc and it was 80.00$ on top of everything else. I use usps and there are no extra charges. The depot here says UPS stands for use purolater stupid. Just my experience.
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

charming.
ron
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ron »

HI,I AM FROM ONTARIO CANADA AND I FOUND THAT FEDEX IS BETTER THAN UPS AND THEY INCLUDE ALL CHARGES IN THEIR SHIPPING PRICE YOU SHOULD CALL THEM AND MAYBE THEY CAN GIVE YOU A DEAL LIKE JEGGS PERFORMANCE HAS. THANKS,RON
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

For all of you that have requested smaller sizes... 8 ounce 'Trial Sizes' are Now Available!
Online or Toll-Free!

thanks!

Bill
:)
Steel_FX_Patinas_8_Ounce_Trial_Sizes.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

Just ordered mine.

Thanks for making the samples available.
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

Pony,

You are very welcome. Your order is going out, today!

Bill

:D

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”