Air Brush?

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
Bobcat320
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Air Brush?

Post by Bobcat320 »

Question for those of you who have done it for awhile - Can you give me recommendations on a good quality air brush?
Bought what I thought was decent one on Amazon and it only lasted a little over a month...
thanks,
Carl
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Air Brush?

Post by little blue choo »

First let me ask what happen to your airbrush. Cleaning is the most important thing to keeping your air brush performing well. A lot of air brushes are ruined my not cleaning properly or by cleaning with harsh solvents not intended for your air brush. I have a expensive air brush but very rarely use it in my metal work. I use two of these https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush- ... QH1A4FPNK7 They come with 3 different needles so they very versatile and very Cheap. If you mess one up like I did (stepped on it) just throw it in the can and order another one. For the money you can't beat them. Hope this helps.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Bobcat320

Re: Air Brush?

Post by Bobcat320 »

little blue choo wrote:First let me ask what happen to your airbrush. Cleaning is the most important thing to keeping your air brush performing well. A lot of air brushes are ruined my not cleaning properly or by cleaning with harsh solvents not intended for your air brush. I have a expensive air brush but very rarely use it in my metal work. I use two of these https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush- ... QH1A4FPNK7 They come with 3 different needles so they very versatile and very Cheap. If you mess one up like I did (stepped on it) just throw it in the can and order another one. For the money you can't beat them. Hope this helps.

Rick
Thanks Rick!
It basically just fell apart, wife ordered new parts worked awhile then fell apart again and the compressor quit. She was cleaning it with Windex which is what the paint manufacturer said to use. Will check into your suggestion on a new one!
Carl
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”