puor on epoxy clear

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
blackandtan
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

puor on epoxy clear

Post by blackandtan »

Have any of you tried using clear pour on epoxy on your art?
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: puor on epoxy clear

Post by weldor2005 »

Yes, Looks great when it works. I don't consider myself and expert in coating, but it seems that the stuff I used was temperamental to curing completely. Simple enough instructions, 1 part of both Part A and B, mix by hand for 2 minutes (don't use a drill) and then pour. used heat to draw any air bubbles out. about 90% of it was great, but just a small patch that didn't mix well and didn't harden ruins entire piece. I used it on a table that I routed 1/16" down into wood and then put in a tree of life, and poured on top, didn't cure. Then a bar top that I put a 1/8" lip on and the letters SALOON spaced across it and poured on that. all but a few square inches cured. Probably my fault, but that is my 2 cents.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
blackandtan

Post by blackandtan »

Do you know how it looked after along period of time? I have read about some of it yellowing over time. Also do you remember what brand you used. The stuff I've seen looks great when first done but I dont know how it would look over time.
weldor2005 wrote:I used it on a table that I routed 1/16" down into wood and then put in a tree of life, and poured on top, didn't cure. Then a bar top that I put a 1/8" lip on and the letters SALOON spaced across it and poured on that. all but a few square inches cured.

That would suck.
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

This is what I tried. I don't count out user error to this day, but haven't had good luck with trying to get a 1/16" layer, possibly trying to thick in one coating?

http://www.menards.com/main/interior-wo ... c-7964.htm
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
blackandtan

Post by blackandtan »

Thanks for the reply. I am just looking at differant options, you never know what you will come up with.

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”