Electrostatic painting

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Electrostatic painting

Post by OTHill »

Anybody out there using electrostatic paint guns.Where to get?How do they work?what kind of paint is used?
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
dustywill
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Electrostatic painting

Post by dustywill »

I was about to ask the same thing. I guess no one is using this. I Was thinking this would help me with my coverage in the cut out areas. I try and paint from an angle, but it doesn't seem to be enough pretty often.

Any help would be appreciated.
Precision Plasma 4x8 v-rail
C&CNC dragon cut 620
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Auburn, AL
www.facebook.com/decorativemetalworks
lobsterlift
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by lobsterlift »

I HAVE A WAGNER ELECTROSTATIC GUN. IT USES COMPRESSED AIR, 110 VOLTS FOR THE ELECTROSTAT. AND A AIRLESS PAINT PUMP. IT USES ONLY OIL BASED PAINTS. MY UNIT HAS HAD ONLY 10 GALLONS THRU IT, THEN THEY BANNED OIL BASED PAINTS IN MY AREA. SO ITS BEEN IN STORAGE. IT WORKS GREAT AND PAINT REALLY DOES "WRAP" AROUND YOUR PROJECT.
I'D CONSIDER SELLING SINCE I CANT BUY OIL BASED PAINT OR THE THINNERS NEEDED HERE IN SO. CAL. ANYMORE.

BUT YES THEY WORK REALLY NICE.
tnjind
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tnjind »

And how much would you consider selling it for?

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”