looking at powdercoating

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
otisa2007
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

looking at powdercoating

Post by otisa2007 »

ive been putting primer on all my artwork but ive got alot of people looking for some color ive been looking into powder coat systems but i have no idea or experience with it i dont have a bunch of money for anything expensive im nickle and dime it right now anyone know of a good cheap powdercoat system that works good thanks for the help in advance
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: looking at powdercoating

Post by Gamelord »

Harbor freight has a very cheap powder coating gun that works. The only limit you have on parts is the size of your oven. For a shoe-string budget, I would pick up the Harbor Freight unit or if you want, Eastwood has an excellent kit with powder. Then I would pick up a used oven from craigslist, don't worry about the burners working, all you need is the oven to be able to hit 400'.

Be sure to read up on everything, make sure your parts are 100% clean (sand blasting and metal etch/prep works) then start powdercoating.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: looking at powdercoating

Post by tirediron »

Here is an ad that I just received from Eastwood - -

http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-deluxe- ... nt=1EM1808

Gerry