Eastwood Jars

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
sawdust1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Eastwood Jars

Post by sawdust1 »

I have a couple Eastwood guns, and more colors than jars. Eastwood has been a good company to deal with but shipping across the border is slow and expensive. Does anyone have any idea what size their jars are? They measure 1 13/16 for the opening and six inches tall. I am wondering if there is an industry standard of some sort that indicates the correct bottle.
Walmart sells Glucosamine in the correct size jar, completely white/opaque. My wife is not interested in eating that many pills! Would also be nice to see what is in the jar.

Just discovered that both jars are 625cc volume.

Any ideas?
David
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Eastwood Jars

Post by Gamelord »

Very fast google search brought up these:

http://www.thecarycompany.com/plastic-p ... les-30wcw6
https://www.ebottles.com/showbottles-bo ... ___PET.htm
https://www.containerandpackaging.com/item/B610

There were quite a few others. YOu will have to check on opening size but it appears that the top one listed is pretty close. At 1.15 each this looks great if it is the same.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
sawdust1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sawdust1 »

I was hoping to find someone north of the 49th just to make things easier. I contacted a couple outfits and hope to hear from them this week. One of the companies has a .Ca registered website, they still ship from the US. Interesting researching though, I learned how to read specs for bottles. and going the other way measure the bottle and know what specs to order.
nevetskrats
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by nevetskrats »

If you find a bottle that is similar in size and just different threads you my just want to replace the cap on the powder gun. I dropped my gun a couple weeks ago and broke the cap but was able to replace it with an extra cap I had. This actually worked out great because I had issues of the gun leaking around the threads and now I don't. If you can get bulk bottles for cheap this would be the way to go.
sawdust1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sawdust1 »

Good thought. I was having leakage problems around the top of the jar, not the threads. I think the Eastwood jars are custom, they do not exactly conform to any of the standard lid sizes.

David
harvard5
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by harvard5 »

It was going to cost us $73 Canadian to purchase and ship just 12 of their plastic bottles direct from Eastwood!.....so plan B. We went to local plastic packaging company. We found Richards Packaging in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. We went with our bottle in hand to match the thread and bottle size. We ended up with 140 bottles (and lids) with taxes came to $96. So instead of paying $6.00 each they were 68 cents each! Plenty for each color and to recapture used material to combine with the virgin material if we want to. Bottle size is 625 cc and bottle number is 53-400 and lid to match. That is a common bottle size number.
sawdust1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sawdust1 »

THANK YOU Harvard!

Two provinces away, bulky not heavy. They ought to ship to Alberta. I will look around in Edmonton and see if there is a more local supplier as well.

Return to “Powder Coat”