oven cart

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
STEEL3470
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

oven cart

Post by STEEL3470 »

ok my booth and oven are 95% done wiring left to do, i need to build some carts at least two but what type of wheels are there, obviously high heat ones, just wondering what type of wheels you guys have used and had good luck with.

thanks
john
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: oven cart

Post by acourtjester »

I just cut steel wheel out of 1/4" plate and put a bolt through them to mount. Your not taking about speed or distance so they worked great.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
chattacuda
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by chattacuda »

Here is what I am using. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00THJKYGK/ref ... JXLU30AAEV. I saw a build somewhere where the builder tack welded two pieces on angle iron with the 90 degree angle up in the floor of his oven as guides for these wheels to run on which I copied. I am using hi temp nickel Nver-Seez as lubricant. Just a thought
chattacuda from Dayton, Tennessee
CandCNC electronics, Precision Plasma V rail gantry, homemade 4'x8' water table, Sharpe Air Dryer
Hyperthem 45XP, CommandCNC, Sheetcam, Corel Draw
LakeCruiser
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by LakeCruiser »

chattacuda wrote:Here is what I am using. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00THJKYGK/ref ... JXLU30AAEV. I saw a build somewhere where the builder tack welded two pieces on angle iron with the 90 degree angle up in the floor of his oven as guides for these wheels to run on which I copied. I am using hi temp nickel Nver-Seez as lubricant. Just a thought
Thanks for that info. I just got my 4 in for my build.
Homemade 36X36 table
Can go from Plasma to Router in 10 Minutes
American Modified Chinese Controller
Proma Electronics THC
Cambam and Mach3
Longevity Forcecut 40D
Miller 211 MIG Welder
STEEL3470
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by STEEL3470 »

I ended up getting the high heat wheels from eBay and they suck, just switched to metal wheels and so much better

Return to “Powder Coat”