NEW OVEN BUILD QUESTION

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

NEW OVEN BUILD QUESTION

Post by radnurse68 »

I recently traded my old HTPM 1000 with table/hand torch for an oven. The guy didn't have the money up front for the torch but he said he could build me an oven. I gave him $600 to start the build and the torch upon completion and delivery of the oven. It is 4x4x8. I am attaching some pics. The he put two elements in the top and two on the bottom with the idea that I could put a partition in the middle and use half of it at a time if I didn't need the whole oven. I have yet to try the partition. My problem is that with the temp set at 400 the parts hung in the top are reaching 400 as desired but the ones hung on the bottom are not. The are getting about 375 unless I crank the heat up to about 425. Should I move the top two elements to the bottom like I see most similar ovens built? The elements are 2585 watts each. There is a small circulation fan and the inlet is placed half way up the left wall. Thanks.

Steve

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Creating Sparks Metal Worx
Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 12000 5X10
Linux, Sheetcam, Inkscape, Solid Edge
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

"Ridin around having a big time!"
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: NEW OVEN BUILD QUESTION

Post by Largemouthlou »

Most all ovens I have seen have the elements on bottom cause heat rises.. I understand the partition part cause I did the same thing for smaller parts but I places the element so it sat on the slide out shelf/partition and had a separate switch for top and bottom elements. really been a long time since I used the shelf. I started waiting to coat so I fill oven up with parts.. Had my little oven door at the top to ck temp and a light top and bottom.
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I would remove the two top elements and re-position them. One on the bottom back and the other on the bottom in the front. With the shelf in use the bottom for small batches it will heat p quicker and hold temps better. Using the whole oven for bigger parts will have better distribution with the elements is this arrangement.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by radnurse68 »