Cheapest place to buy powders.

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Cheapest place to buy powders.

Post by 762frmafr »

Post them up. I was getting some from Powderbuythepound. But a simple search has yielded cheaper prices on the same powder. So lets see it. Where are you getting your powders from?
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Cheapest place to buy powders.

Post by AnotherDano »

Powder365.com

I don't buy more than about $100-150 at a time. If there is a price difference at these quantities from another supplier I don't care. The customer service means much more to me.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

AnotherDano wrote:Powder365.com

I don't buy more than about $100-150 at a time. If there is a price difference at these quantities from another supplier I don't care. The customer service means much more to me.
WOW! They are crazy expensive.
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Redneck »

I get small quantities from Columbia Coatings, Powder buy the Pound, and Powder 365. Larger quantities (50 pound boxes) I get direct from Daimond Vogel......usually runs $5-$7 / lb.
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I buy most of my powder from Prismatic Powders. Not the cheapest but good quality product.

Dawg
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

I've ordered some powders from Rosies Powdercoating, some really inexpensive powders and they have good sales sometimes... But my go to clear is always the ultra durable clear from powder buy the pound... I buy 5 lbs at a time which drops the price to around $14 a pound... pricey, but I get amazingly smooth finishes with it... Makes an old garage hacker like me look like I know what I'm doing!

Oldsarge
10426701_253507304853358_1619835835645855129_n.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
NDS
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by NDS »

I use TCcoatings.com they seem to have pretty reasonable prices. Color selection is not as big as some of the other guys.
Precision Plasma 4x4 table
CandCNC electronics
Powermax 45 with hand torch
4x4x8 powder coat oven
http://www.kodiakmetalworks.com

sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sodfarmer »

I buy my large quantities from PPG (50 lbs) they run $5-$7 per pound. I use Rosie's and Eastwood for my smaller quantities. Rosie's has a good selection and when they run there specials they have some good prices.
kkroger
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kkroger »

I use Prismatic Powders, Funny I ordered some samples from them and received them at my current name and address.
I did not realize they were NIC coatings, when I received my powder order it was addressed to an old company I was with that used NIC Cerakote finishes... but at my current location.
Their computer must have a long memory as that was more than 5 years back they must have connected my name to my other contact... Anyway I get quality product, good selection and fast shipping from them.

Powder Buy the pound while not cheapest has a pretty good reputation and they also have a color match app for your Droid or i-potato... shows you closest matches to your sample.

if you need some utility powders Keep an eye on Harbor Freight's website... they have them on sale from time to time for $3.99 a pound. I believe they are all epoxies and will need a top coat if used outside.
I just use them for stuff around the shop. Fixtures and stands etc that don't leave the place.
Black, Yellow (orange?) red and White, the BLACK is odd, I got a pound of it to use for something a while back and coated two items, the bottle says MATTE black but the first one was super glossy and the second was duller than a hoe!
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kdahep »

I have used DuPont Powder for a long time before they were sold to Axalta.
You can buy for a good price per # and I have found out if you are looking at $7.00 a # for a 55# box and you don't need that amount or don't want to spend that amount, ask them if they have a open box somewhere, and you get the same price as a 55 # box.
You will have to check with other manufacturers to see if they have this practice.
TMC
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by TMC »

I use allpowderpaints.com and have had good luck with them. Ships same day if ordered by 2pm est and they have flat rate shipping costs. If you establish your business name with them they also give you discount pricing. I'm no pro and their product has been very forgiving.
Talbot Metal Crafting
DynaTorch 4x4 SuperB
Hypertherm PMX 85
Corel 7X
Solid Edge
SheetCam

Easton, Maryland
HaasMetalDesigns
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by HaasMetalDesigns »

most of the time I get it from ebay and pay from $5 to $12 a pound
Flatline16
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Flatline16 »

powderbuythepound.com is a good site.
Ribbedgiraffe
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ribbedgiraffe »

Dawgonhawg wrote:I buy most of my powder from Prismatic Powders. Not the cheapest but good quality product.

Dawg
I second Prismatic powders, They are only 1 day shipping from me and their quality has been on point.
Still learning!

4x8 homebuilt w/Water table - Hypertherm Powermax 45 (Machine torch)
13" Metal Lathe
7x12 Meta lathe
1-1/2hp Milling machine
Hobart 190 Wire feed
Hobart EZ-Tig

Elcheapo powdercoating gun W/Autoclave oven converted for powdercoating.
QuickShiftFAB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by QuickShiftFAB »

I get mine from Warehouse_Powder_Coat off ebay. They have great customer service and ship quickly.
Vtwin8800
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Vtwin8800 »

Columbia Coatings and the service is great, always ask for a discount. put your pictures on Instagram and hash tag them and send pictures to them direct. they send out reandom free stuff.
Unvevo
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Unvevo »

I use nothing but prismatic. Tried others but you cannot beat prismatics 6800 color selection.
KOI
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by KOI »

Been using Columbia Coatings for years.Those guys are great to deal with.
JDR Metal Art
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by JDR Metal Art »

Nortek powders is great. 5 years without any problems to speak of. Prices are more competitive than most and I buy 55lbs at a time. Their super durables are excellent and retain gloss well even in TX and Florida sun.

Once had an unopened box of powder from them sitting around for 6 months before I needed it..opened it and discovered they had sent the wrong powder. Called them up and within 2 days had a new 55lb box sitting in the delivery box by my driveway gate, no questions asked.
https://custom-driveway-gates.com
Hypertherm 45XP
9' x 14' plasma table
JohnnyC
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by JohnnyC »

I use Powder Buy The Pound
Hole Shot Garage
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Hole Shot Garage »

I have been buying on Ebay, Eastwood, and Harbor freight. Always looking fora better place to buy, I use small quantities.

Return to “Powder Coat”