Air Brushes for steel fx dyes

Learn and share patina finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
DCMetalArt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Air Brushes for steel fx dyes

Post by DCMetalArt »

I have a chance to buy a couple richpen phoenix air brushes for half price. Has anyone used this style airbrushes for dyes? If so how satisfied or unhappy with performance from this spray gun?

Thanks, Gary
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Air Brushes for steel fx dyes

Post by steelfx »

Most Richpen Airbrushes have Teflon O-Rings, so if the one you're considering does have Teflon O-Rings, it should be fine!
Richpen is mfg'd in Japan, & they've got over 50 years experience, so I'd say you're good.

Now, if you could get the same features, for about the same price in the iwata? brand, I'd go with iwata?.

The first iwata airbrush I bought, about 12 years ago, still works as perfectly as the day I bought it.

For what it's worth, (just my personal preference & opinion), make sure the airbrush you get is double-action, gravity fed, with at least a 1/3 Oz. cup.

Hope that helps!

Bill :D
DCMetalArt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by DCMetalArt »

Thanks Bill.
These are Teflon O-rings, gravity feed, and double action. Price is right and I believe I will get them.

I have your patinas and used them some, still learning the plasma and finishing. I also have the dyes and just haven't had the right application to use them yet.
I have watched most of your videos and want to say thank you for all the wealth of information that you have done for the entire plasma community. It is good people like you that make this a valuable site to have.

Thanks again, Gary Weyer
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

Thanks a bunch for your nice comments, Gary!
Bill
:)

Return to “Patina Finishes”