How to arch text in Inkscape?

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
plasmabooger
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

How to arch text in Inkscape?

Post by plasmabooger »

Ugh, I am having a devil of a time arching lettering inside of a circle in Inkscape, or drawing a perfect circle for that matter. I have to design a farm sign with the name of the ranch at the top, with the date at the bottom and the brand on the inside (metal art). Can anyone point me to a tutorial for Inkscape that states clearly how to do this so I can start letting the bald patches on my head grow back out?
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: How to arch text in Inkscape?

Post by jmsrbrt »

New to Inkscape myself. Don't know if this helps you, but found this in my manual:

Placing text on a path

To place text along a curve, select the text and the curve together and choose Put on Path from the Text menu. The text will start at the beginning of the path. In general it is best to create an explicit path that you want the text to be fitted to, rather than fitting it to some other drawing element ? this will give you more control without screwing over your drawing.
Selecting the original

When you have a text on path, a linked offset, or a clone, their source object/path may be difficult to select because it may be directly underneath, or made invisible and/or locked. The magic key Shift+D will help you; select the text, linked offset, or clone, and press Shift+D to move selection to the corresponding path, offset source, or clone original.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
MadMonk
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: How to arch text in Inkscape?

Post by MadMonk »

I use youtube as a source for learning how to do almost anything in gimp or inkscape, heres a link for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmoITrtqlSs

Return to “Inkscape”