Inkscape problem

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
hogheaven
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Inkscape problem

Post by hogheaven »

The problem is clearly me, not inkscape. I seem to have the same error message coming up on sheetcam for three designs i have just made. I design on laptop at home in inkscape, double check on sheetcam, then load onto flashdrive and take to work to cut. I thought all three designs looked okay on sheetcam at home, but clearly there is a problem.

Please can somebody look at the three files and advise what the problem is so i can fix it. thanks. I have attached the three files, and a screenshot of the error message in sheetcam at work.

Many thanks
Attachments
image1.JPG
DUNKIRKSBURY FARM SIGN.svg
(133.26 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
STAFFY LEAD HOLDER NEW V1.svg
(31.18 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
HOG SMOKERS GRILLS VECTOR V1.svg
(28.14 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Inkscape problem

Post by Capstone »

When I load this into SheetCAM as is, I only get one error; some overlapping lines were called out and SheetCAM automatically eliminated "duplicates". There we no layering errors on my end, and I didn't do anything different when opening the files in Inkscape or SheetCAM.

I would eliminate all of the nodes in between your corners to clean up the Farm sign... If it's a box, then the lines should be straight and there should only be 4 nodes at the corners.

I'm assuming this will be multi-layered piece with the letter drops will be added back in. Otherwise, it looked fine on my end.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I looked at all 3 drawings, and all three loaded ok, although there were duplicate vectors on all three, which sheetcam removed. When I look at your error message, it says the layer did not exist. I'm assuming you were setting up a cutting operation, and wonder if you picked the layer (Color 0). I get that error when I forget to change the default layer name in the Jet Cutting operations window.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
hogheaven
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by hogheaven »

Yup, sorry, dumb dumb here forgot to set layer, was so outraged it wasnt setting up properly, i lost all use of logical thinking. Back on track now. Thank you
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Well, I do that myself every so often, just to get my brain farts out of the way early, so the rest of the day can go smoothly. :roll:

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser

Return to “Inkscape”