Inkscape to WinCNC?

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
MadMech65
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Inkscape to WinCNC?

Post by MadMech65 »

I have a ShopSabre 4x8 plasma/engraver with Hypertherm 65. The machine runs off WinCNC and I was given EnRoute5 and QuickDraw as graphic programs, but not a lot of videos on either. I tried Inkscape and it seems pretty easy to work with, but does not import well to either EnRoute or WinCNC. Anyone else have a similar set-up that can shed some light on importing Inscape files into either program?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Inkscape to WinCNC?

Post by tcaudle »

you only shot is to see in Enroute will import some vector foramts like EPS, AI or SVG and export them out of Inkscape. Best would be SVG. DXF may not work well or you may need to select the right version to use for export.

Course you caould always use SheetCAM. They have a WINCNC POST but I think its for router (>) Inkscape to SheetCAM is smooth
I always though enroute was mostly for routing. 2D is 2D but its all up to the POST
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Inkscape to WinCNC?

Post by Brand X »

Les wrote that Wincnc post for me years ago..It was for plasma, but I had a non working stand alone THC.(aborted Practical CNC model that cost $1000.00) I would bet he could modify it a bit to get it to do what you want. One thing I do remember about it, there was a code that started with a S, and it allowed me to smooth out the path on a .dxf.. It would hang up on something like the 4 points on a circle, and give a slight pause when it hit those nodes.. Turn the # up and it all smoothed out.. Right after that is when Tom build a few Retro connectors, to allow the use of a decent THC, and Mach 2-3?

Return to “Inkscape”