New find in learning

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

New find in learning

Post by acourtjester »

I downloaded a file from a post here "mail box finger" and found when I loaded it into Sheetcam it had overlaying lines. Here is how I found them using the node tool. With the drawing in Inkscape I turned on the node tool so I could see the nodes in different sections of the drawing. I found if I clicked on a node and moved it with the mouse I could see another layer below it I then deleted that node. I then moved around the drawing one node at a time and moved and deleted any overlaying nodes until I went completely around the drawing.
When in SheetCam I would change the contour of a part of the drawing and then create an operation for that part if it had a problem I went back to Inkscape and viewed that part and used the node tool to correct it. Repeated the SheetCam check until I could complete it with no problems and move to the next part to correct. Hope this helps :)
node fix double lines.jpg
have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: New find in learning

Post by muzza »

I don't use Inkscape Tom but you can do all the nodes at once as only the nodes on one layer are showing (ie the nodes on the layer you want to keep are not selected) so you select all and delete and remove them all at once.

So basically what you have said above, Select a node and move it, if there is a line underneath where you moved it from you just select all and delete and the whole duplicate line is removed.
Murray
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I find that if I select the item and then delete it, if there is something underneath it will still show. If not then just use the "UNDO" function to put the item back where it was. If it is one object on the page, I select it, copy it, then delete it, then use the CTRL+A keys to select anything else that may be hidden or left. If something shows up I delete whatever the CTRL+A finds. Once all clear, just paste the original item back where it was and your done.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

One thing I did not check was if it showed more then one layer which it did. I was able to remove one layer but there were other issues too.
It still was a good drawing thanks for posting Things like this helps me to learn and keeps the oldhimmers away.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Inkscape”