Attach an image inside an oval?

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
exceptional
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Attach an image inside an oval?

Post by exceptional »

I can't find how to import an image, and attach it inside an oval or circle. I can get it inside but usually, the circle will cover up the image. Or, the image covers up the circle and I can't attach it. I appreciate any help. I'm using Inkscape
Last edited by exceptional on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Attach an image inside an oval?

Post by cbassjr »

Do the Oval in black then reverse the inside of oval to white import your image and move the Oval to the background and place image over the top. Then you can size the image and oval ring size with the different tools in Inkscape. You'll then have to do your other cleanup work from the dxf you create.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

There is another way to do it after you make the oval there is a box in the lower left for fill color. Click on the fill box that will open the fill and stroke menu in the upper right. If you just want to see the outside click on the X and the color will go away (no Fill). The you can put what you want in the oval or circle. Images are not in order :)
If you want the oval edge to be bigger go to stroke style and select a bigger width I also change to inch from the drop down menu (px).
Attachments
oval 3.jpg
oval 2.jpg
Oval.jpg
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

cbassjr wrote:Do the Oval in black then reverse the inside of oval to white import your image and move the Oval to the background and place image over the top. Then you can size the image and oval ring size with the different tools in Inkscape. You'll then have to do your other cleanup work from the dxf you create.
That's what I was trying to tell him what to do but didn't have my pc. Thanks for taking over I think he should be on his way....
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

It looks the same as Corel, if so just click the very first color box with the X in it to remove the color. You can also Right-Click on the same X color box to remove the outline. Same goes with all the other color boxes, left-click for fill color, right-click for outline color.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
exceptional
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by exceptional »

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try later today. Thanks alot.

Return to “Inkscape”