Start cartridge?

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Start cartridge?

Post by CPK_Jim »

What is this start cartridge that you mentioned in another thread? Is this a wear item? replacable? I have determined that there is something wrong with the cutter. Somtimes it doesnt fire....IDK why.

Thanx,

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Start cartridge?

Post by admin »

The replacable start cartridge is found on Thermal Dynamics plasma cutters. It is a replaceable item that can cause starting problems if it is worn out. I am not familiar with your plasma cutter, but it likely does not have a replaceable start catridge. It may have s pring loaded "plunger" located where the electrode seats in the torch head. If it does, check to be sure the spring loaded "plunger" moves freely and that the mechanism is clean. Also confirm that you have VERY clean and dry air entering your plasma. Dirty or moist air can contaninate your torch lead and torch head causing starting and cutting problems in addition to prematurely worn consumables and poor cut quality.

admin
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

Thanks, that looks alot different than mine. I think my problem was dirt in the tip, I cleaned it out good and let the air flow thru for a while and it works ok now. If I ever get some $ I will look into better machine.

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good to hear Jim. I figured it was something like that.

admin

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”