Thermal Dynamics Machine Torch???

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
NorthridgeFab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Thermal Dynamics Machine Torch???

Post by NorthridgeFab »

I am installing a TD machine torch on my table. It has the Remote Pendant Interface plug along with the large plug that screws into the cutter. I already have the pcam torch control wire hooked up to the cutter from using a hand torch. The torch will not fire, so I'm guessing I got to connect something to the RPI plug. Does anyone know what I need to hookup?
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Thermal Dynamics Machine Torch???

Post by ronsii »

I have a TD81 with both machine and hand torches, on the machine torch only pins 3,4, and 13 actually have pins in them on mine and you only need to hook your normally open output to pins 3 and 4 when the relay in your control box closes (shorts pins 3 and 4 together) that will fire the torch. The pins should be numbered on the end face of the connector
NorthridgeFab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by NorthridgeFab »

ronsii wrote:I have a TD81 with both machine and hand torches, on the machine torch only pins 3,4, and 13 actually have pins in them on mine and you only need to hook your normally open output to pins 3 and 4 when the relay in your control box closes (shorts pins 3 and 4 together) that will fire the torch. The pins should be numbered on the end face of the connector
Thanks! So what should I hook 3&4 to? Could I just put a jumper between them since the plasmacam's control cable is spliced into the trigger control wire in the machine.
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ronsii »

Hard to say.... I will have to dig up the schematics and see if they put it in series or use a different switch when the machine torch is plugged in.... of course you could just jump it or put a switch on 3 and 4 and see what happens :o if this doesn't work just move plasmacams wires to pins 3 and 4. I don't have the mating plug for the TD torch so I just stripped about one inch off the end of some 24???26 gauge phone wire bent the stripped end in half and shoved em' in there then taped over it so they wouldn't come loose.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”