Replacement Torch for Cutmaster52 (RADNOR)

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
mikeysp
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Replacement Torch for Cutmaster52 (RADNOR)

Post by mikeysp »

I picked up a used Cutmaster 52 and it turns out it is a RADNOR version. Meaning it has a different torch than the standard TD model. This was done for AIRGAS so consumables are more expensive since they are the only ones who sell them. I am planning on replacing the hand torch and wanted to know what the best machine torch available for this plasma cutter would be for accuracy and economics (consumable cut life/$)

Thanks, -Mike
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Replacement Torch for Cutmaster52 (RADNOR)

Post by islander261 »

Hi
Many will say that this is not a recommended practice.

Several years ago I spliced the business end of a Duramax torch onto my TD SL100SV. I have been very pleased with the results over time. I get great consumable life using real Hypertherm parts and the cut quality is better than the original TD torch. I did post a thread about this here when I did it. Search for Franken Torch topic to get an idea of what is involved.

John
mikeysp
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by mikeysp »

Thank you john, I will read your thread on the topic. -Mike
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

Stick with the SL-100SV.. Cuts very nice if you work with it a bit. (IMO) If you want to use another torch, Thermacut is close to releasing their Cutmaster upgraded torch/consumables..

I do have a complete Mint SL100 SV torch,tons of consumables, and the Automation card for a cutmaster 52/etc.. $500.00
JSalto
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JSalto »

quick question what does the automation card does?
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

It gives you the 14 pin receptical for arc good signal/divided voltage, and full arc voltage,plus different voltage settings 50 to 1 etc.., and torch contactor from the rear receptical built into the card. No tapping inside the machine for cnc hookups.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”