cnc plasma accu,2 and thermal dynamic plasma cutter

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
grandpa
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

cnc plasma accu,2 and thermal dynamic plasma cutter

Post by grandpa »

I have been having a lot of trouble getting my plasma to cut. looking for anyone with this combination to talk over numerous issues.
Also looking for cut parameters for 10, 12.16 gauge as the book values don't work .
thermal dynamic cut master 82 and a 4x4 inc growth.
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: cnc plasma accu,2 and thermal dynamic plasma cutter

Post by gamble »

I don't have accumove but what kind of issues are you having
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
grandpa
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by grandpa »

i had ohmic issues in dec. torch mate sent out a new acc2 on warranty.i have had many issues.
1.no signal to move in auto. torch mate feels there is no signal to move from plasma. i am now set on manual. it works intermittent.torch will pierce and then just sits there, sometimes it will eventually move but misses cutting .
2. breakaway indicators came on and won't go off. torch mate said the magnets are to sensitive,works on that.
3. i have been trying to get good cut quality with limited success.
gusagus
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by gusagus »

Did you get the ohmic fixed yet?

On the OK to move sounds like a lose connection inside the plasma, when I set mine up I soldered the wire to the board where the plug would go.

Is it both or just one break away, when I first got mine I had one showing open then both were showing open they sent me a new break away, talk to them.

Quality cuts will come just call daily and bug them and talk to different tech till you get the above stuff fixed. It's like any thing else talk to one tech whole is an idiot, next day talk to the engineer that designed the system, roll of the dice. I had a few issues when I first set my accumove up but now it's running like a champ.

On the ohmic there that had me take some voltage readings from ground to clip, forget the voltage but some where around 12-24vdc, then short it to ground and see what happens.

On the break away they had me short between some pins to verify connections, or lack there of

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”