Cutmaster42 connected to cnc need help.

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Gafab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cutmaster42 connected to cnc need help.

Post by Gafab »

I'm trying use my cutmaster 42 on a cnc table I built and I'm not using a kit. I've had to piece everything together, so I'm not sure what I need to get the torch to fire. Also I won't be using a THC in the beginning. I can really use some guidance. Thank you.
suttoncnc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Cutmaster42 connected to cnc need help.

Post by suttoncnc »

I have heard that the Longevity 42 and the Cutmaster 42 come out of the same factory. I have no idea if that is true or not. But, the point being is that there is information about the longevity 42 on there website that may help you. I am using a 42i on my table with great success. I am also using a THC from CAND CNC.

Scott
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Some information about the cnc machine your are planning to connect to may stir up some responses. Cannot offer advice on connecting to an unknown machine! Likely there are between two and 6 wires on the interface:
-2 are the start signal, -2 are arc voltage (if your cnc has a height control system), -2 could be the arc transferred signal (also called "machine motion", "arc good", etc.).

Jim Colt Hypertherm
mlinehan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mlinehan »

You can start the CM 42 by shorting the 1 and 2 pins on the J14 connector on the logic pcb. If you trace the trigger wires from the quick disconnect back to the pcb, you can see where they connect.

A better solution might be to get the 7-3452 adapter kit. That gives you a pigtail with a 14 pin connector. It will install at the quick disconnect and give you access to the trigger wires without getting inside the power supply. Then you plug in your interface to your start relay.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”