Machine Repair?

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Diverdude
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Machine Repair?

Post by Diverdude »

When Lightning Strikes, well, it fries your plasma torch and CNC control box along with the THC and graphics card. Found the cure for most, the one thing I don't know is were and if I can get my plasma torch repaired. I opened up the case and found a few burnt circuits on the board, but the way this thing is made it looks like one piece, everything is attached to it and nothing is replaceable as in unplug and plug in new piece. So do I just send the whole thing somewhere or what?
PlasmaRoute HD 4x4
mlinehan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Machine Repair?

Post by mlinehan »

Generally you would take the machine to your local welding distributor. You could also work with the people who sold you the cutting system. Call Technical Service at 800-752-7622 if you would like to talk specifics about the components or the faults you see.

Here is a link if you need to find one in your area.

http://www.victortechnologies.com/therm ... ere-to-buy
Diverdude
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Diverdude »

I sent them an email Friday, probably hear from them Monday. Their the best, I just had an issue with the display on the THC stuck on one number even though it worked I could not set it and know where it was. I sent it to Nikki and Steve and they fixed it for me at no charge. Of course the CNC is not the top of the list on repairs around here right now just trying to get the ball rolling cause I know some of it will take a while.
PlasmaRoute HD 4x4
Diverdude
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Diverdude »

The plasma I took to the local welding shop to see if its repairable and I called plasmaroute and there sending me a new stepper motor for the ganrtry. I hope after that we are up and going again
PlasmaRoute HD 4x4
Diverdude
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Diverdude »

Still down, parts should be here Wednesday next week and the plasma has been repaired and is on the way back from the welding shop. Haven't cut anything for weeks before the lightning, ZAP, now I have a pile of stuff I need to do and can't. Hurry up parts. :cry:
PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”