Any Advice - cnc plasma cutting system

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Vamachine
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Any Advice - cnc plasma cutting system

Post by Vamachine »

Hello all,
I am looking around and getting information on a cnc plasma cutting system for my shop.We already have cnc equipment(Bed Mill,Lathe) so I am not new to cnc equipment(just cnc plasma).I have watched the video for the "plasmacam" system and that seems to offer the capacity I need for creating the mechanical parts I have in mind. I have also looked at Tracker and a few of the DIY units .With that said I will not base my dicision on cost alone. I have machining, fabricating, and welding capibilities so this is will be an addition to my business(not Just a hobby).If anyone has any advice,opinions,or critique's of any particular brand or system, I would like to hear about it. Thanks in advance for the input.
tjkent
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Any Advice

Post by tjkent »

I have very limited experience in cnc plasma cutting as I am just getting a used Tracker 4x8 Pro table set up and running properly, but, what I can tell you is the customer service at Tracker is second to none. I called them with a problem and they never asked me if I had warranty left, they didn't care. All they wanted to do was help me get my machine up and running properly. Amazing people. :D
4x8 Tracker
CutMaster 151
DraftSight
CorelDraw 6
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Check out Dynatorch. They have a very good product and customer service is awsome.
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

I have a Torchmate and like it. Customer service is bar none, and the best part is, it's FREE for life.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I have a PlasmaRouteCNC table. I dont have any complaints about it. Havent needed customer service too much.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
artistic touch metals
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Any Advice - cnc plasma cutting system

Post by artistic touch metals »

I have a plasmacam table....its been working well mechanically with no breakdowns. The company reps are decent to work with.....BUT THEIR SOFTWARE SUCKS!.... the orginal software was full of issues... after getting around them the company came out with an upgrade to fix the crap they put out... for 2 GRAND....then added a 500 buck fee to add a second computer.... if I were you....go to a different system....

max
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Any Advice - cnc plasma cutting system

Post by tnbndr »

The other issue with PlasmaCAM is that if you buy a used table they will not carry over the original warranty. Their statement to me on the phone was "PlasmaCAM wants to sell new tables". Well good luck with that.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”