What Brand of Table Do You Have? -PlasmaCam, FastCut CNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

What Brand of Table Do You Have? -PlasmaCam, FastCut CNC

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Ive been cruising thru the forum here and noticed ALOT of people have PlasmaCam or FastCutCNC tables.

I own a PlasmaRoute - 4x4 table.

I looked into PlasmCam but couldnt get past the how restricted the software made me feel.
Im just trying to make a little conversation here in the forums. :D
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: What Brand of Table Do You Have?

Post by trucks1948 »

I use an old practical table updated with a candcnc Dthc.Its a long way from a top table,but i can still cut and its what i can afford.Got a great Hypertherm 1000,but the best part of the whole deal was when i found this site.If i hadn't got so much help from the people on here i would'nt be having much fun cutting.Check me out on facebook under "steel creations"jim
dreamer
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by dreamer »

I use plasma cam 4x4 dhc model with a powermax 1000 never had any problems other than operator malfunction lol. check us out on facebook under Night owl dreams.........Harold
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by FiveORacing »

4 x 8 BullTear water table. Lot of Table for the $$. Bought it turnkey with a Hypertherm Powermax 45.
DISCONNECTED
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DISCONNECTED »

I have a DynaCNC 4x8 table.Dyna is out of business.I have had the table for 5 years with no problems.I know some people had problems with DynaCNC,but mine has been good.Running a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101.I would like to replace it some day with a hypertherm unit.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I have both a PlasmaCam DHC2 and a Torchmate 2x4. Both machines are excellent. I have no issues with the PlasmaCam software...what do you mean by "software restrictions"?

Jim Colt
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

Torchmate 4x8 table, converted to a water table; TD Cutmaster 51; no problems with anything other than "operator error".
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
alaska66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by alaska66 »

Torchmate 2x4 with homemade watertable. I started with the 2x2 and quickly upgraded to the 2x4. Torchmate is working on a 4x4 upgrade for this machine and I plan to go that route as soon as it's released. No problems with table and Torchmate customer service was fantastic while I was trying to learn and sort out everything. I took advantage of discounts they had available when releasing both the initial table and the upgrade, so I got a really good deal.

My plasma cutter is a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52. Bought it as a Demo unit from a local dealer and saved a good bit there too.

Air compressor is a 80 gal. 2-stage IR with a small 30 gal. Kobalt for a backup.
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

The shop i used to work for bought a PlasmaCam setup. I tinkered on it a little bit tryin to make stuff. I felt restricted by how you get/draw the part into the program. He (my buddy) showed me his way of doing it. He took the image he wanted, traced or drew it on a piece of paper and scanned it into his computer. Then loaded it into Paint Program. Cleaned up the rough lines then opened in PC software. Maybe i dont know the program like you guys :oops: .

The system i have now works great for me. i might have a few extra steps. I use CorelDraw4 to make the parts. Then i turn that into a DXF and open in SheetCam. After i do my tool paths i Post it to Mach3 to cut. My buddy and i have compared the time it takes us to turn out the same part on each of our machines. As of right now.... Im in the lead :lol:

I use a HyperTherm PowerMax 1250. I couldnt ask for a better machine. Next step is a Machine Torch for it, i hope.

PM me with details
Thanks
aicomp
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by aicomp »

I have a Torchmate 3 with AVHC and homemade water table. Great machine. The nut behind the computer fails from time to time, LOL. I think it's my Dain Bramage.
http://www.PenningtonFab.com
Torchmate 3 with Accumove 3
Hypertherm 1250
Hypertherm 85
Hypertherm 380
Lincoln V205T Tig
Lincoln wirematic 250
Eastwood 175 with Spoolgun
Eastwood 135 Mig
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

JJsCustoms wrote:The shop i used to work for bought a PlasmaCam setup. I tinkered on it a little bit tryin to make stuff. I felt restricted by how you get/draw the part into the program. He (my buddy) showed me his way of doing it. He took the image he wanted, traced or drew it on a piece of paper and scanned it into his computer. Then loaded it into Paint Program. Cleaned up the rough lines then opened in PC software. Maybe i dont know the program like you guys :oops: .

The system i have now works great for me. i might have a few extra steps. I use CorelDraw4 to make the parts. Then i turn that into a DXF and open in SheetCam. After i do my tool paths i Post it to Mach3 to cut. My buddy and i have compared the time it takes us to turn out the same part on each of our machines. As of right now.... Im in the lead :lol:

I use a HyperTherm PowerMax 1250. I couldnt ask for a better machine. Next step is a Machine Torch for it, i hope.
I am running a the new design edge software for the plasma cam and it is a lot nicer than the old software, you can now import pictures and still see them while you trace them
Brian
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I have a 5x10 Dynatorch table using a Hypertherm Powermax 85. Well will be using the PM85 next week. Got me a new one coming. My table is a older model but I did many upgrades to the machine and it is awesome. Tech support at Dynatorch is hard to beat.
Dawg
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

DynaTorch too. With a water table soon.

Dawg, I am jealous. ;)

WSS
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tirediron »

I'm also running the PlasmaRoute 4x4 (water table) with a TD A40 plasma cutter. I'm using Corel Draw X5, SheetCam, and Mach3. The only problem with the table is the nut behind the wheel.

Thanks to everyone on this board as they have helped this "nut" get over some early hurdles :lol:
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

WSS wrote:DynaTorch too. With a water table soon. Dawg, I am jealous. ;)

WSS
That is if I come over and HELP :lol:
Rod S in AZ
pertneer

Post by pertneer »

I am building a 4x8 water table for use with a Hypertherm Powermax 65 running CandCNC hardware and Mach3.
4'x8' CNC Plasma w/Water Table Running a Powermax 65 :D
CandCNC, Mach3, SheetCam, Millwrite Plasma V6
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

tirediron wrote:I'm also running the PlasmaRoute 4x4 (water table) with a TD A40 plasma cutter. I'm using Corel Draw X5, SheetCam, and Mach3. The only problem with the table is the nut behind the wheel.

Thanks to everyone on this board as they have helped this "nut" get over some early hurdles :lol:
I ordered my table without the water table. They kinda looked at me like i was nuts. I cut small parts out often and didnt wanna fish them from the water. So i built a downdraft for mine. Before i was choking on the smoke so bad id have to start the machine and go stand outside. Now i can stand beside it smoking a cigarette and see the smoke from the cig being pulled into the table :lol:

By any chance do you have an engraver/scribe on yours? PlasmaRoute wants $1500 for that option. That seems a little steep to me.

PM me with details
Thanks
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

I got a Practical CNC table, TD 151. No problems with it.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The PlasmaCam software is actually very easy to use and learn. It easily imports .dxf files....and you can edit them onscreen easily as well. You can draw using the PlasmaCam CAD....and if you desire you can export the file as a .dxf as well....for use on other machines.

My Torchmate machine is only a few weeks old....and I am learning to use the software....but it went togther very easily, worked when I first pushed the start button...and I am cutting parts! It is the 2x4 machine with water table and AVHC height control.

Hypertherm plasma on both machines. Powermax85 and Powermax45.

Jim Colt

JJsCustoms wrote:The shop i used to work for bought a PlasmaCam setup. I tinkered on it a little bit tryin to make stuff. I felt restricted by how you get/draw the part into the program. He (my buddy) showed me his way of doing it. He took the image he wanted, traced or drew it on a piece of paper and scanned it into his computer. Then loaded it into Paint Program. Cleaned up the rough lines then opened in PC software. Maybe i dont know the program like you guys :oops: .

psychofab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by psychofab »

I also have a PlasmaRouteCNC 4x8 table, its a nice table but I'm not to sure about the software, maybe its just me. I think it is more designed for sign making then anything else. I wanted to stay local with my purchase in case I need some support.
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by boodog710 »

I have had a DynaTorch 5x10 with a Hypertherm 1250 plasma and a acetylene torch for the past 3 1/2 years. I have had only one problem that I didn't cause. Leon Drake came to the shop and fixed it. Seems I was the launch customer for an updated version of their software and there was a minor glitch. If I was to buy another one it would be DynaTorch. I would buy a Hypertherm1650 plasma instead. Not a problem with the 1250, just would like to be able to pierce 1" plate. I bought their downdraft vent box. Works great.
bobwelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bobwelding »

I brought a Torchmate 2 4x4 in June with a Hypertherm 45 plasma cutter. Just now learning how to use it.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Fastcutcnc for me... :D Been just great.. :D :D
lockindustries
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by lockindustries »

New guy here, just learned of this site, and WOW it is a wealth of info. I have a 4x8 with water table and DTHC from ldr motion systems. Just love it and the price was way lower than comparable machines.
jcorley
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jcorley »

5' x 10' Practical machine...Bought it right before they went belly up! Would anyone like to discuss the problems you have had with Practical machines. jackcorley1@gmail.com...Plasma Dezigns.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”