What Brand of Table Do You Have? -PlasmaCam, FastCut CNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: What Brand of Table Do You Have?

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Practical CNC 4x4 table retrofitted with CANDCNC hardware----- Works awesome now.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

OH OH OH I would, Did not see this before I posted.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

That's a prerrdy table ------does the THC work
metzindustries
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by metzindustries »

Torchmate 2x4 table. waiting on delivery. Wont open up shop till March 2012.

Was going to buy a camcutcnc machine but then paypal would not go thru, then found web posts about not getting things they ordered.
Cotton
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cotton »

Hypertherm HPR260 XD, Two 10' x 20' Burn Tables. We have the software for HVAC but we are just getting started up and are working on all the different ways to utilize the machine. Feel free to P.M. me for quotes. Have a good one!
hobbypoor
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by hobbypoor »

trucutCNC
Cutmaster 151

Just got machine, still trying to get it all dialed in. Very sturdy built. Couldnt find anything else close to this machine for what I paid....Wish it came with a Hypertherm, but already ordered and paid when I made that observation. Machine is built like a tank.
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Its neat to see the variety of different machines been used on this site.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
DISCONNECTED
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DISCONNECTED »

Checked out the TRUCUT website.Pretty reasonable.I noticed the Y axis has only one motor.Must have a jackshaft.I noticed when you really push a machine with a jackshaft(high cutting speeds,rapid directional changes) the machine racks.Basically it looses accuracy because the one side (non motor side) of the y axis lags behind.Looks like the gantry is steel.For plasma cutting I like to see the gantry as light as possible.For instance take 2 cars with both the same motor one car is heavier than the other.The car that has the lighter weight will accelerate and desaccelerate faster.Means a lot when plasma cutting how smooth the motion control is.Noticed the machine has stepper motors too.Stepper motors I am not an expert on,but I can tell you the next machine I get will have servo motors.From what I have read the servos have much smoother motion.
OSAFTW
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by OSAFTW »

I took delivery of my PlasmaRoute 4x4 w/ watertable on the 14th of October. I'm running the Thermal Dynamics A40 and ArtCam/Sheet Cam / Mach3 software package. It was kinda quirky (learning curve...lol) at first but it has performed beautifully. I have the router and pneumatic engraver features as well.
Digger
OutriderOffroad.com / FlyingCowboys.net
Plasma Route 4x4
Thermal Dynamics A-40
artCAM - TurboCAD - MicroStation / SheetCam / Mach3
dwdw
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dwdw »

Hi Hate to have the First post being a Gripe instead of a its Great!!
I have a bad experience with Camcutcnc. from the delivery to the return for repair.
Its been a year from the day I ordered it. It worked OK after Andy helped me get started but after adding the THC and it wouldn't work that was in October.
Now he won't answer calls, the answer machine on the phone doesn't work and he won't answer the emails.
DON"T BUY FROM CAMCUTCNC !!!!!
Andy smooth talks but it ends as a LIE.
Thanks dwdw
Garysbiz
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Garysbiz »

I have a Torchmate 2 4X4, it is very well designed and built in my opinion but I dont have much experience with anything else. I am still learning CAD and how to use it, not very good yet. I built my own water table and building an overhead exhaust system to swing from over the table to my welding bench. My plasma cutter is a Hypertherm 65 and it works very nice. I have a manual machine torch holder for now and will get the AVHC soon.
The Rusty Texan
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by The Rusty Texan »

I use a 4x8 table from burntables.com doing 100% of my designs with Roland engrave studio, the system came with Mach 3 and a CAD system but I have not used the CAD yet. Hypertherm 65 and just upgraded to an ingersol rand 5hp 80 gallon 2 stage. I had the 3 hp 60 gallon but it would not keep up. Great tables built by hand in Hutto,TEXAS.
Millermatic 212
Burntable 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Therustytexan.com
acm329
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by acm329 »

I have a 4x8 water table from LDR Motion Systems. I just purchased my Powermax 85.
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Stout »

Sector CNC, 5x10 water table with Hypertherm Micro Edge controller and Powermax 1250 power supply. Quite a step up from the previous machine: Esab Shadow, dry table with Vision 1000 controller and PCM1000 power supply. It was old, dirty, and expensive to run. Accuracy sucked because of the single side gantry drive and the old stepper motors were never very smooth.

The Sector machine is impressive. All servo drives, aluminum gantry, fast, and accurate. I call them for support on the controller and they are always surprised that I don't have a hi def plasma on this machine. It wasn't in my budget at the time. I'd love to have one but I hear the Powermax 85 and Duramax torch comes pretty close. I'll find out soon enough.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105
vcmetals
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by vcmetals »

We have a Vicon 8000 HVAC 5' x 10' table with the Vicon 3.2 torch software. It's been wonderful for the HVAC side of the business. However, since getting into more custom work, it's been a struggle.

We mainly use AutoCAD LT to draw and save as a *.dxf for use with the torch software. We can sometimes work it out in Photoshop, find somehow to convert, and hope for the best when we open in CAD. Not a good system, but it's worked. We just downloaded and are trying out CorelDraw since we saw it can save as a *.dxf. We were hoping that would answer some prayers. However, we're doing something wrong as when we open in CAD, it's not quite right, not even close actually. Going to have to keep working on that.
Coffinscreekcustoms
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Coffinscreekcustoms »

Just bought a 4x8 table by burn tables inc. It should be here next thursday or friday i cant wait to play!!!!
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

Torchmate 1. Hypertherm 600, 4x8 downdraft
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I recently cut my homemade downdraft off my table and installed a water pan. It doesnt catch all the smoke but it catches more than my downdraft would. I had to make mine a little deep to fit the bladder underneath the cross braces. Measureing form the top of the grates to the bottom of the pan is 5 1/4 inches :o . I have pics on my facebook of the whole process. I got the controller box mounted up underneath the table and even made a tray for the plasma cutter to sit underneath the table. Overall im happy with it. Need to make a deeper bladder box tho. Or maybe 2. I still have close 25 gallons of water in the table. that seems like alot to me.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Soon to have my homebuilt started. I have all the materials in the shop right now, and ordered a Duramax machine torch for my 1250 today. CandCNC hardware, and will be a 5x10 with an extra 2' long to park the gantry off the cutting area for loading and cleaning. Will be building it with a water table/ bladder system. Hope to have it cutting by the end of June!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
KIMFAB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by KIMFAB »

First post here.
I have an old Vicon 9000 table with a Thermal arc 5XR plasma unit that I got up and working but it uses steppers and makes a lot of noise.
I finally got it working with no help from the factory (they wanted $1000 just to talk to them)and was considering trying to make it run on Mach3.

I've had a lot of interruptions since and am currently working on a Koike Aronson table that seems to be a much better setup.
Although this unit started out as a router table for sign cutting it was originally designed as a plasma cutter.
It is built very solid and the company stands behind their product with all the info being available.

It was a 6' X 10' table. I have removed half of it leaving 4 1/2' X 6' so I could get it inside my welding area.
That's the original 5.5 hp 3 ph router lying on the table. The motors are servos with encoders so I am currently trying a Gecko 320 box to make them act like steppers, hopefully for a Mach3 control.

I'll probably use the thermal arc for starters but it is pretty old and I'll be looking for something better in a bit.
artistic touch metals
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: What Brand of Table Do You Have? -PlasmaCam, FastCut CNC

Post by artistic touch metals »

plasma cam owner here.... ok I know..... AND I AM NOT HAPPY EITHER....the table is fine, the original software sucks...the upgrade costs are out of this world... Go to a different system if ya got any sense at all.

Or.... you could buy mine.... I am a tad bit irritated at the software issue...but the table has performed well...no breakdowns and been running it for 4 yrs.... the torch height control isnt all that hot... messes up a lot... if your not standing by the controls with your finger hovering over the stop button.... you may be spending the next half hour realigning the material so it will match up...

Soooo right now.... looking to go to a different table.... Both torchmate and dynatorch seem to be good systems... and for the software.... Corel draw is awesome!.... once you learn it.... its a breeze to design work...

Well off to work I go.....hmmm noooo today....GOLF...tomorrow finish the moose gate...
Max
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Is anyone running an ArcLight table? I am seriously considering one based on price and features but I don't see anyone using them.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
sobit40
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sobit40 »

Just got a Messer 8 x 12 table. Hypertherm HPR 260 . We installed in August. Still learning!! How do I make my own dxf files from lets say a photo ?? The software I got with this machine is OMNiWin CAdnest. But how do I get it to that software??
Had the crash course from Messer on how to operate machine....I am overwhelmed....lol....can anyone give me a help on how to create my own art ?......thanks
d bushey
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by d bushey »

I have just become the owner of a new Arclight dynamics 9600. After much research and a trip to Reno to tour Torchlights facility decided to go with Arclight. In my opinion its the best small machine for the money. Steve and his staff are great to work with and so far customer service has been excellant. :D
SSPX0177.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

swidick
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by swidick »

Burntables 4x8

I searched around for awhile and came across a few brands that are mentioned but this one felt right with the background that Kyle had. The build seamed solid. Kyle answered my questions immediately and I had allot of them. My total price was about 15K with a water tray and router attachment. It has a breakaway holder for the z axis. I havent broke it of yet.....
The only issues have been from operator error.... I drove to Hutto TX with my wife and picked it up. Oh this was my Wifes idea anyway.. She is GREAT.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Steel Cut
Hypertherm 45, Burntable 4x8, Air dryer
Draftsight, Sheetcam, Mach 3, 1953 Chevy COE Crew 4x4 Duramax 2500

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”