Looking to buy new plasma cutting machine

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Pro Arc Weldshop
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Looking to buy new plasma cutting machine

Post by Pro Arc Weldshop »

Hi,
I just recently sold my Torchmate 1 that I had for about 8 or 9 years and am now looking to buy a new 4' x 4' machine.
I have been checking out every site that I can find trying to find what is the best machine dollar for dollar this has turned out to be mind boggeling.
I have been looking at Dynatorch, Fastcut Icon and Elite, Torchmate 2, and Plasmaroute, Like anything else they all have thier pro's and cons and vary quite a bit in price 10 to 20 grand.
Dose anyone have any suggestions from experience with any of these. I sure would appreciate some help on this
Thanks
Dave
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Looking to buy new plasma cutting machine

Post by FiveORacing »

I bought a BullTear and I am very happy with it. Nicely built, runs great and came with everything I needed and I think a real bargain. DTHC included in the price. Support has been very good. Broke a switch, they overnighted a new one. A month after I bought it they sent me a XBox controller, no charge.

Joe

Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

I have a Fastcut Icon table and it has been flawless for the most part.. Tech service was great when I needed them.. :D
Pro Arc Weldshop

Dennis,
Glad to hear that the Icon has been good so far. Please keep me posted as you find any pro's and cons.

Joe,
I had never hear of a BullTear I will check it ouy looks like a nice machine.Please keep me posted as well.
Thank you for the replies.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Had my Icon about a year , no problems
minnfatz
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by minnfatz »

Check out Precision Plasma. They are inexpensive, but they aren't cheap. Ron the owner is great to work with and is very helpful. His tables are designed to work with electronics from CandCNC.
Pro Arc Weldshop

Thanks for the info.
rz500
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rz500 »

I would seriously consider a Tracker Nitro if your looking for an quality affordable 4x4, I have had great success with my Tracker. They have an ad at the bottom of these pages.
Last edited by rz500 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro Arc Weldshop

I will check them out. Thank You
minnfatz
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by minnfatz »

Hmmm...I would be interested in hearing some of the horror stories about Precision Plasma (links please). I have met Ron the owner and been to his shop to see the components being assembled and all seemed good to me. I would hate to think I am endorsing something that is a hunk of junk.
rz500
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rz500 »

minnfatz wrote:Hmmm...I would be interested in hearing some of the horror stories about Precision Plasma (links please). I have met Ron the owner and been to his shop to see the components being assembled and all seemed good to me. I would hate to think I am endorsing something that is a hunk of junk.
My mistake, it wasn't precision plasma but rather another company that went by a similar name. I have edited my post and appologize.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Do not buy from Precision Automated Equipment PAE they are the former owners of Practical CNC that screwed countless #'s of people. Same People different name same BS. Have you considered building a table?
Pro Arc Weldshop

Yes, I have thought of building a machine myself, I have no problem building the table I had built my Torchmate table.
My issue is that there are so many options out there and finding out what is the best components to use and what works with what, I just got frustrated and decided to just buy one complete other than the table which I will build myself.
I have narrowed it down between Dynatorch and Fastcut. I really like the driver system, servo motors ?which are not necessary for plasma cutting although the fast transit speed is nice". And I like the knowledge they have meaning "Leon Drake" I had delt with him back when he was with Torchmate. I like the fact that Fastcut uses linear ways on both x & y axis and they now use hybrid 600 oz. steppers instead of the standard 1/2 steppers.
I have still not completely blown off building the complete system myself any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Dave, look into CandCNC if you plan on building. they have great hardware to go with any system that you would build. and mcmaster carr can get you the drives and gears needed at a decent price.
good luck.
Pro Arc Weldshop

Thanks Greg, I will look at that option. I am sure it would be much cheaper than buying the completed unit.
What's your thoughts on a gantry?
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hi Dave
Hear is a link to a complete setup (frye672000@yahoo.com) ck this out before you buy anything its a knock out price.
Rod S in AZ
Pro Arc Weldshop

Thanks for the info. Rod but I think you gave me an e-mail adress instead of a link to a web site.
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hey Dave
Sorry I did. :oops:
The set up is on plasma pigs web site and plasma cam to. If you cant get to either site send him a line direct. :)
Rod S in AZ
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by boodog710 »

Dave, I have had a Dynatorch 5 x 10 with a Hypertherm 1250 for 3 years. No real problems except those caused by me. I have cut probably over 10,000 parts from 22g to 1". The support is really good. If I needed to buy another one I would definitely go back to Dynatorch.

I bought the upgraded software package which includes Cutting Shop and WE-CIM. I would recommend getting these two programs.
Pro Arc Weldshop

Thanks Boodog,
I have a friend in N.Carolina that has had one for for about 6 years and he has been very satisfied with his as well. Also talked to a fab shop here in Ohio that has had one for 4 years they are also pleased with theirs. I think dollar for dollar this would be the best machine for me. I think I may pull the trigger this coming week and order one. I have decided on a 5' x 5' machine, bad thing is it will take a month to get. I am going to build the table my self "water table", I plan on building it while waiting on the gantry. I appreciate the info. Any suggestios please let me know.
Thanks
Dave
ALLOHIO
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ALLOHIO »

I have had my Shop sabre for a few weeks now and what a well built table, so far no problems and I love the servo motors and the g code my cuts are so muck better than my old table because of the software that runs the table.

Hope this helps
Paul
IMG00179-20110128-1159.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Pro Arc Weldshop

Thanks Paul,
What program dose Shop Sabre use to run?
ALLOHIO
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ALLOHIO »

I draw in corel draw and rhino the table runs on win cnc for the plasma and the router.

Paul

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”