Langmuir CNC Table

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
NortheastRacing
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Langmuir CNC Table

Post by NortheastRacing »

Hello All,

I have recently ordered the new Langmuir table and am going through the software over the last couple of days. To be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed, I don't come from an overly tech savvy background but can get through Autodesk as far as design goes. I'm much better with a Tig torch in my hands. Any advise for a new plasma table owner would be much appreciated.

Thanks all,

Nick
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Langmuir CNC Table

Post by gamble »

Are you confused with fusion360 or mach3?

You can use inkscape or qcad for design. Those are the only other free ones I know of. But you will need something like sheetcam for cad.

I have the same table on the way. Total noob to mach3 but I have been playing with fusion. It’s a bit of a learning curve. I use other software for cad/cam myself
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

There is a flow of work that has about 3 steps, it may be better to start with a more simpler software then Autodesk.
To start you need to draw an object, this can be done with the above software, then you need a CAM program to convert the drawing to G-code.
Then this G-code it loaded into Mach 3 to direct the table to complete the operation. You could download a simple DXF file to skip the first step.
SheetCam is a widely used CAM software that you can download for free for testing using a small DXF file (SVG can be used too) to help you learn, Mach 3 can also be downloaded for free for testing with short G-code files. Start small and grow larger as you learn.
If you send me your email through a PM I will send you videos I have created showing the progression of the work path and many others downloaded for Inkscape and SheetCam via the Google drive. A non-Yahoo email address as Google and Yahoo don't play nice.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Bunker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bunker »

Batch one waiter myself lol.
McGeeIII
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by McGeeIII »

acourtjester wrote: If you send me your email through a PM I will send you videos I have created showing the progression of the work path and many others downloaded for Inkscape and SheetCam via the Google drive. A non-Yahoo email address as Google and Yahoo don't play nice.
I'd like to get down on that. I just joined the form but can't send you a DM because I'm new on here. Any other way I can get the info from you?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Hi McGee
I just sent you a PM from here with the info you need for me to send the files to you. It looks like you can communicate with members you just cannot download files without being a member yourself. It is a great deal for $20 a year to become a member :D
Here is how you send a PM to a member ;)
member.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
NortheastRacing
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by NortheastRacing »

Thank you all for your replies. I finally have a firm grasp on Fusion360 and Mach3 and will be cutting my first parts this weekend. What an incredible forum full of great resources!
McGeeIII
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by McGeeIII »

acourtjester wrote:Hi McGee
I just sent you a PM from here with the info you need for me to send the files to you. It looks like you can communicate with members you just cannot download files without being a member yourself. It is a great deal for $20 a year to become a member :D
Here is how you send a PM to a member ;)
member.JPG
Thank you I know that was forever ago I have been out of pocket for a long time and I'm just now getting back into the groove. I will send you that email and also I'll sign up $20 ain't bad at all.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”