Firebird Cnc Plasma

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Firebird Cnc Plasma

Post by urshadow »

Anyone with any knowledge on them. Found them searching on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/cncplasmatable/
Red97
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Firebird Cnc Plasma

Post by Red97 »

I ordered one. Plan on picking it up in a few weeks.

Messaged back and fourth for a little bit. Worked out a price on a complete package minus the plasma cutter.

Fairly new business, imagine he started with a diy setup, and decided to offer a table kit.

I will report back once I pick it up.
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by urshadow »

Sounds good, I have talked to him a couple times and he seems to know what he is talking about. But being a newbie, would be easy to convince me.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

There is a fairly constant churn at the low end of the market. At the pricing it presents an Issue with "critical mass" where the installed base becomes to large for one or two people to do the sales, building and support. There is not enough money per sale to add more overhead so something has to give.
I would urge anybody shopping for any level of table to do enough research to understand what has to be compromised to offer a table really cheap
Even a hobby table needs to work.

Things that should give you pause:
  • any vendor that fails to show you the user interface and what the software is and if you get licensed copies
  • At least some idea of the controller. There are really cheap (and poor) controllers out of China that do not perform well
  • What is the warranty and what does it cover? Remember a lifetime warranty is only good if they outlive you .
  • Is there any way to get support besides calling and leaving a message?
  • A leadscrew drive. It presents multiple problems that are not easy to solve. On a stepper motor table , Never take the max speed as the max cutting speed. Its not. Typically its about 1/2 of max speeds.
  • Beware where the entire sales pitch is a video of it cutting a flat piece of metal.
  • How long have they been building and selling tables? Mortality of CNC plasma table vendors is high.
  • There have been a string of vendors that are probably great and honest guys but lack business skills. Some were actually crooks that popped up, sold a few tables took a bunch of money then vanished, only to show up somewhere else (case in Point Lightening CNC)
Red97
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Red97 »

Order fell through.

Was out of town when I ordered, sent a business check instead of cc/PayPal.

Asked the seller to verify all the info multiple times before I sent the check.

Mailed the check out, about 5 days later I received a message stating he switched accounts and needed another check issued in his personal name.

That threw up the final red flag for me.

After reading what what posted above and the following days. Decided to go with a used, already running table that I was able to check out/inspect in person.

The seller did mail the voided check back. For a "business" to not know where the check needs to be made out. Just made me feel too uncomfortable.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Guess I could add a point about how they want payment. Requiring a check , Bank Transfer, cash or Western Union on something not built and you can't load in your truck that instant should be a red flag. One of the scams used in previous ploys was to offer payment via Paypal and even CC but when it was made they notified the buyer that the funds did not clear (some kind of foul-up at the bank) and that they were cancelling the order, BUT if they still wanted the unit they could send a check or bank transfer. They were smart and acted like "hey we really don't care if you do it or not" and they had a business number and a human that answered and sounded professional It worked. Not only did it work once but they changed locations and names and did the same scam, several times They made off with thousands . Buyers are still waiting 3 years later!
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Buy you a Dynatorch Plasma Table! You want be disappointed. Great machine and excellent tech service!
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by urshadow »

Thanks for the heads up,,appreciate it
Dynatorch78
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Dynatorch78 »

I just looked at the Firebird website. RUN!!

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”